Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Slaughterfest 2012 - NEW Final Final Version is up

That seems to be some stunning stuff, awesome that it's finally finished. Too bad I've seen only X% of it so far because I'm not too good at FDAing midnight. X being a single digit number, presumably.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/FDA.lmp

- 3 archviles in first room feel rather awkward, they aren't exactly a major threat and take up quite a bit of ammo to take out
- 2 of 4 shell boxes near first cybers could be rocket boxes
- room with invulnerability... ew, sleazy trial&error encounter
- a little more additional ammo in places would be neat
- unimportantly important, but I'll just get it out of the way - try getting a long (at least 15+ minutes) midi if it's possible and if you aren't absolutely in love with current one, because anything 4-5 minutes in lenght will just get grating in maps of such enormous scale. Holy hell is like that, ng21 ditto and degrassi as well.

I've beaten the start in a trial&error fashion and then got up to I don't know where so watch it and alter whatever you feel like because you probably know it better. I'll definitely retry tomorrow.

On an unrelated note, here is cashews with new ending area and a few edits in places. (me&cb)

http://filesmelt.com/dl/cashews1.wad

j4rio said:

That seems to be some stunning stuff, awesome that it's finally finished.

cheers :) took me so long because I can't resist trying to make things pretty.

Too bad I've seen only X% of it so far because I'm not too good at FDAing midnight. X being a single digit number, presumably.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/FDA.lmp

Oh dear lord that was long, a valiant effort! You made some decent progress along the YK route, probably saw about 10-15% of the total map. It's always fun to watch your fdas, I like how you aggressively rush into encounters without even taking a look around hah.

- 3 archviles in first room feel rather awkward, they aren't exactly a major threat and take up quite a bit of ammo to take out

they were intended to make it more difficult to 'speed' through that room. aka forcing your way on hk platforms and opening cyb door early. I might add some shells by them.

- 2 of 4 shell boxes near first cybers could be rocket boxes

not a bad idea, I might keep the shells and just add the rockets because the shells can be useful if you're desperate for ammo later in the map and want to come back for them.

- room with invulnerability... ew, sleazy trial&error encounter

2 trials, 1 error, that wasn't so bad was it? :p

- a little more additional ammo in places would be neat

There are a few parts of the map where I tried to force ammo conservation, but in general I agree. I'll likely scatter some shells / ammo boxes around. Most of the time the only thing I'm really concerned with limiting is cells.

- unimportantly important, but I'll just get it out of the way - try getting a long (at least 15+ minutes) midi if it's possible and if you aren't absolutely in love with current one, because anything 4-5 minutes in lenght will just get grating in maps of such enormous scale. Holy hell is like that, ng21 ditto and degrassi as well.

I completely agree! I was going to ask if anyone had any such midi they could recommend. The current one fits really well I think, especially for the hell areas along the BK route, but it's quite short so it gets irritating.

Anyways the map really isn't FDA friendly I don't think, the invul trap along the YK route is probably the 'bull-shittiest' (although there's one along the BK path that's almost as bad), so I'd definitely encourage playing through with saves (or going nomo to explore) to playtest the later areas. I justified a few of the ridiculous traps by thinking "who's ever gonna get this far in an FDA anyways?" but who knows I might get proven wrong.

Didn't exactly manage to proceed much further, so not worth posting pretty much identical demo as yesterday.

In the invulnerability room, I'd make archviles/cyber open up automatically few seconds after taking invulnerability. Searching for a switch is just unintuitive.

I'd make this opening passable (if possible) unless there is some purpose there for it to be unpassable.

I'd add blocking bars here before imp encounter. You'd still be able to get back through imp closet, but you'll have to survive first. I think it'd be better like this because it's really easy to just retreat back to safety as it is now.

Yup, that's all. Nothing new to add. As for midi, I tried my googling fu and managed to find few somewhat nice midis. In a few hours. Nope, they are not long enough, fitting nor am I suggesting to use them. It's just how successful I was when trying to find suitable midi and realised that it's rather menacing. Here's a somewhat fitting and around 10 minutes long one, here's the rest.

I tinkered a bit with Doomherolandia and decided to combine it with some of GRB's puzztower. It's not done at all (as the last area needs playtesting/balancing), but here is basically my addition. As long as it gets the okay from you j4rio I'll start working on fleshing out the cybie maze. Make sure to IDDQD.

Also, I fixed the mastermind switch in Damnation, but am unsure of what else you needed done, as I don't understand "there's a load of blocky lines required to be added or there's boom edge handling getting to work everywhere".

This weekend I should be able to get around to your masterpiece Ribbiks and I'll run through the whole thing, dropping off a wall of text. So if you have any more updates, please provide them on Friday.

ArmouredBlood said:

pretty good midis on that site! I didn't find one that I think fits the map, but I definitely will use some of these in the future.

j4rio said:

In the invulnerability room, I'd make archviles/cyber open up automatically few seconds after taking invulnerability. Searching for a switch is just unintuitive.

good idea, consider it done.

I'd make this opening passable (if possible) unless there is some purpose there for it to be unpassable.

It was just decorative tbh. I'd have to fuck with the symmetry to make it passable so I think I'll leave it as is (there's enough breathing room already in that area imo).

I'd add blocking bars here before imp encounter. You'd still be able to get back through imp closet, but you'll have to survive first. I think it'd be better like this because it's really easy to just retreat back to safety as it is now.

Another good idea!

It's just how successful I was when trying to find suitable midi and realised that it's rather menacing. Here's a somewhat fitting and around 10 minutes long one, here's the rest.

yop, finding good midi is wading through an ocean of shit. For some reason filesmelt is being uncooperative, I'll give those a listen later.

dobugabumaru said:

This weekend I should be able to get around to your masterpiece Ribbiks and I'll run through the whole thing, dropping off a wall of text. So if you have any more updates, please provide them on Friday.

cheers and good luck :), I'll post version 2 for you in an hour or so.

Ok so I just tried to get through v1, save and reloading. I got to the beginning of the blue key part when I missed the invuln in the pentagram (make that more visible - raised up and higher sector lighting) and so wasted the rad suits. There are a bunch of things I think could be worked on.

First; the yellow key side. I did this before the red key, so perhaps that affected ammo balance in that part, but there are some filler parts like the pain elementals and the part with the megasphere that teleports you to a room with revs in the middle that could probably be cut. There is also a problem with the section with 3 archviles and a bunch of hell knights - the block sound lines unfortunately make it easy to just run up with the bfg, get 2 shots off, and kill the archs before the hks can do anything annoying. Perhaps a similar problem with the chaingunners being easily picked off by shotgun (not double shotty) fire from the top of the drop afterward, and only 2 archs in the room with the stairs after? Not too interesting. I felt the yellow key room itself was fine, needing a few tries to figure out.

Now the red key area - this was mostly fine, except for the hk mob before the key itself. It took a ridiculously long time to kill them with rockets, and required some strategic running around to finally unclog the first stair split so I could reach the megasphere again and the plasma cells. I think there are so many because the cybs need to infight, but I think there are about 20 too many and it'd make the fight a bit smoother if there was actually room to run past them. This would free up a bit more ammo for the barons and mancs, as well as the hks in the wall alcoves with the rocket boxes. It'd be nice for a little more health, but it's doable.

And now the blue key. The part with revenants and the deep floor level differences confused me at first, but then I developed a heated rage for the encounter once I released the archviles. There is nothing worse than not being able to see in a game that requires precise positioning, firing, and aiming, and it's a constant battle to find yourself in that mess. I finally beat it after at least 15 minutes of save reloading on that part alone, but it could really use another megasphere on the side you first come through, opposite of the switch. Then there is the part with the invuln that I beat using all the radsuits and no invuln cause I couldn't see it, and that's where I had to iddqd and I think the map started to regress. Around this point is where I'd say cells should be the majority of ammo instead of rockets, but there is barely enough of either, or at least, there wasn't after taking the place down without the invuln (wasted a good 4-5 bfg shots on the cybers). The rev horde you go down the stairs into is really hard to fight because you can't shoot down the stairs, and they take a while to actually get up it. The part with the revs and archs in the imp pillars is a bit meh but could work with a few of the cells I wasted. Then there's the drop. THAT should be 80% cells/ 20% rockets. If not, cut it. At that point in the map, it's really dragging on and not really interesting. I can't quite remember what happened after the archs and revs switches, but the final room is a letdown. Too few cells, not enough stuff on the ground, and really thin walkways that belong in a slower paced map really bring it down. The bit with the zombiemen/archs doesn't belong in a map like this, and I think I'm missing the reference with the imps in the stands, if there is one. The horde of cyberdemons to finish is ... predictable, if tedious. Having the cells behind them just lengthens the time to kill them all. There is really nothing scary about cyberdemons in an open area, no matter how many there are, as long as you strafe properly and aren't going to be late for something.

Some detail notes:

• I think the yellow key room is a bit meh and could use some wall detailing, try and hide the secret teleporter a little.
  • The switch opening the bars that lets you jump out of the yellow key area could use a bit of decorating, although I doubt there's room.
  • The red key alcove looks a little bare but it's not a big deal.
  • The romero head room is cool, but the head itself is a bit silly to leave out, maybe we could replace the head sprite with something interesting to kill? Like a giant beating heart, or brain, or something.
The beginning is fine, parts I did not mention were either fine or so bad the memory got erased (kidding, probably just forgot). For midi, I'd suggest something deep and foreboding instead of fast-paced, brinstar is ok for this but you could do with something different. I'll look through vgmusic and see if I can find anything.

E: Here are 2 midis I think might work, they're not too great for a long level though.
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/computer/microsoft/windows/Quake_II_-_The_Underworld.mid

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gba/T_MetroidFusion_SA-XTheme.mid

hurray wall of text :) before I begin I want to note that:

ArmouredBlood said:

I think the yellow key room is a bit meh and could use some wall detailing, try and hide the secret teleporter a little.

was the first thing I did in v.2. In the first version I hadn't fully finished detailing everything, but core gameplay was there so I figured I'd throw it up for playtesting.

anyways, onto the commentary!

- YK filler parts:

I'm inclined to agree, those areas aren't very threatening so I might try and spruce them up a bit, or at worst remove them.

- YK 3AV+HK fight:

clever! there are a few rooms where placing the blocksound lines were necessary and if players know where they are it's definitely exploitable, I'll look into a way to fix this that doesn't wake them up pre-maturely, maybe silent teleporters.

- YK cg+baron fight

Yeah that area was kinda thrown together with the intention of taking the cgs out before even dropping down, but then it begs the question why they're even there in the first place, I'll see if I can make that more interesting.

- RK HK horde

It's currently possible to bfg-spam your way through the pack and pick up the cell stashes before leaving the platform (though I tended to die a lot trying that), I agree this may be easier if the monster-count was reduced slightly. The alternative strategy of rocket-spamming and dodging tons of projectiles was sort of how I intended for it to be done if you didn't have a good cell count going into it.

- BK

hmm, the main area was intended to be pretty much: grab ammo, grab invul, force way through revs to open imp+pillars area, then play clean-up for a bit, though I suppose that's likely not obvious, and I didn't really playtest it any other way. If I'm understanding correctly you dislike the rev/AV-cage room, I'd have no problem with replacing AVs with something else seeing as they're not very threatening in the first place. I could also try and make it easier for the revs to get into the main room.

I'm not quite sure how to interpret:

Then there's the drop. THAT should be 80% cells/ 20% rockets. If not, cut it. At that point in the map, it's really dragging on and not really interesting.

you mean this room right? Seeing as you can do the keys in any order I didn't really think that room was too far into the map. There's like a good bit of cells down there, but ok I can throw in more.

- Final Area

I know the gameplay slows a bit after you clear the main floor, but I didn't know that would be so poorly received. That room actually wasn't meant to be the last room, but rather second to last, with a typical bfg spamfest for the last one (possibly with IoS monster spawning, I was still debating that), but I began to be seriously concerned with map length after a full playtest took me ~1:45 to get that far so I ended up throwing the romero room right after it. I'm reluctant to trash the entire fortress room, but I'm more than open to stream-lining it and appending a more 'typical' ending room if you think that would be an improvement.

- Zombie/AV fight

Daw, I liked the part, what did you mean "doesn't belong in a map like this"?

- Cyber Ending

I know, I'm sorry -.-. It was my attempt at creating something players might associate with a 'conclusion' after I appended the romero room. Based on your feedback I'm liking the idea of: shortening fortress room --> reduce cyb count --> big ending battle

The romero head room is cool, but the head itself is a bit silly to leave out, maybe we could replace the head sprite with something interesting to kill? Like a giant beating heart, or brain, or something.

This idea I like :), go all Contra with it!

dobugabumaru said:

As long as it gets the okay from you j4rio I'll start working on fleshing out the cybie maze. Make sure to IDDQD.

Sure, go ahead.

dobugabumaru said:

Also, I fixed the mastermind switch in Damnation, but am unsure of what else you needed done, as I don't understand "there's a load of blocky lines required to be added or there's boom edge handling getting to work everywhere".

You'll often witness how monsters get stuck, unable to move after you shoot them or fall from upper to lower sectors. That's a rather irritating thing about boom and needs to be concealed by changing edges of sectors to be blocking monsters. Map was clearly made as limit-removing rather than boom (cl2 rather than cl9) where this doesn't happen.

Alright I'm a bit sick so if I come off a bit harsh, that's why.

Ribbiks said:

Thing about detailing

Ah ok, makes sense

Ribbiks said:

- YK 3AV+HK fight:

I was thinking of perhaps putting a wall in the way so I can't just start the bfg up without the archs waking up. A small wall, maybe 128 high and lightly decorated could work.

Ribbiks said:

- RK HK horde

Ok so I guess I could do with some better ammo management hahah

Ribbiks said:

- BK

Not necessarily a problem with the AVs, it's with how steep the stairs are down to the revenants so I can't use the RL on them, and how they have a hard time getting up the stairs.

Ribbiks said:

you mean this room right?

I realize you could go in any order for the keys, but I feel the blue key fits best as last picked up. The lift is not very obvious (perhaps a blue skull recessed into the wall/ceiling behind the lift like the red key portal), and the first test is a lot harder than the others' first tests. It also feels a bit more hellish than the others. Also, something PHML complains about a lot in my maps, is making the stairs blend into the wall. PLEASE fix this, I was running around for a good 5 minutes or so before I found the stairs on the map. Would've been really hard if not in IDDQD. It screws with the detailing, but it affects gameplay too much to leave as is.

Ribbiks said:

- Final Area

My experience here suffered from IDDQDing earlier because I just didn't feel like playing normally anymore. The fortress felt isolated from the sides of the room, like it was copy/pasted in. If you can integrate the imps, zombiemen (make that a little less straightforward I think, some pillars and zombiemen coming from all sides, archs teleporting around a bit too), and cacos areas better I think it'd feel good. Also consider making the fortress outside, it'd feel better with a sky, or at least a void-like darkness. Would be a pain to transfer the sky for so many sectors though.

ENDING stuff - Like previously, I feel the fortress isn't cohesive enough, also I'm a bit sick and I'm playing late so 2 hours on a map isn't a great time to relate how I feel on it. The horde of cybers ... I'm not really sure what should be done about it. Other people's opinions would probably be better, considering I've mapped basically the same thing as that a few times and it turns out pretty crappy to play. At least open up some cells outside the room they enter from, it would save a bit of time waiting for them all to funnel out.

I forgot to mention this, but I felt the top of the fortress is a bit too small to deal with the cybers properly, it might've been the IDDQD though letting me take all their shots - I'm not sure how hard it is to get on the pillars above them without dying, but that'd be a factor in killing them.

dobugabumaru said:

I tinkered a bit with Doomherolandia and decided to combine it with some of GRB's puzztower. It's not done at all (as the last area needs playtesting/balancing), but here is basically my addition. As long as it gets the okay from you j4rio I'll start working on fleshing out the cybie maze. Make sure to IDDQD.

Nice idea, good to have more grb madness going on
Lols at music, this wad is going to get so many zeros :D

2 more attempts of anathema
http://filesmelt.com/dl/anathema_demos.zip

- bars I suggested could raise to the ceiling (imps don't hurt from behind)
- in the room with 3 avs and hks, there is a tiny "ledge" on the right side of room that could be set to impassable
- not too fond of the chainers/baron encounter afterwards, far too many barons and most likely unbeatable without quite a few leftover cells, so I'd put at least 2 cell packs below those platforms with chainers
- that fight where I died in first demo - I'm not sure about cybers in the back - once they infight, there will be rockets flying all over in random unpredictable directions making dodging there feel luckbased
- after red key battle with lowering floors, switch that lowers 6 cell packs could teleport in at least 1 av
- I'd deny free access to this already cleaned room after you proceed to the huge room, at least until some further switch is pressed
- I pressed a switch revealing HKs through that metallic block
- no need for cybers behind HKs, they will just infight offscreen and eventually die, so rather remove them as well as a number of HKs

j4rio said:

- Last cup of sorrow - some monsters fail to teleport in, I know Krypto is a masochist so I'm not touching this one

I thought as much given it's only my second mappy attempt :)

Although I didn't experience any problems while testing, I can only ask if anyone would be kind enough to possibly modify the shapes of the teleporter bays to be more efficient? As I recall using common square boxes and am uncertain what the best arrangement is for small monster squads.

I heard a triangular pyramid is ideal for hordes but not for the former, nonetheless I'm happy with the map itself as I intended for a simple, linear design being early mapping days.

Bloodite Krypto said:

I thought as much given it's only my second mappy attempt :)

Although I didn't experience any problems while testing, I can only ask if anyone would be kind enough to possibly modify the shapes of the teleporter bays to be more efficient? As I recall using common square boxes and am uncertain what the best arrangement is for small monster squads.

I heard a triangular pyramid is ideal for hordes but not for the former, nonetheless I'm happy with the map itself as I intended for a simple, linear design being early mapping days.

Cool, you're still alive :)

Check doomherolandia from OP to see probably the most reliable teleporters. At least I always rely on them. The problem with your map is that monsters don't wake up rather than fail to teleport, but looking at the nature of teleporter, it will take ages for those mancs to teleport onto those 2 spots. It's usually never a good idea to have many slow monsters teleport onto a single spot.

The first room could use different blockades than torches. Obstacles have a very awkward and annoying collision compared to regular solid walls.

In the room with berserk, you can pick it and run out of descending floor before monsters start teleporting in.

I'm not sure about those archviles before exiting. There is little to no cover provided in last room from archvile attacks.

Besides that, it looks slightly bland in few places. I think that's about all I recall regarding your map.

Ribbiks said:

still mulling over midi

j4rio's first midi he linked "Serpant's Conclave" seems to work pretty well IMO, as something droning and disconcerting would work very well. Lower Norfair doesn't really have that effect. Or you could try and write up an ambient track, or something with a ridiculously slow tempo.

EDIT: Actually those guitar sustains could get pretty annoying after hearing it for like 2 hours.

thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll be incorporating most of the ideas/bug-fixes into future versions.

@TOD,dobu: I thought about it, but I haven't written anything both fitting & long enough. What I'll most likely end up doing is modifying or combining some of the recommended tracks, maybe adding a riff or two of my own.

j4rio said:

2 more attempts of anathema
http://filesmelt.com/dl/anathema_demos.zip

thanks! I notice lots of small things I'd like to change watching these. You're getting pretty good at the early areas.

- that fight where I died in first demo - I'm not sure about cybers in the back - once they infight, there will be rockets flying all over in random unpredictable directions making dodging there feel luckbased

that's intended. the room is designed to try and force you to dodge in a 'U' pattern, instead of a 'O'

Last Cup of Sorrow - V4

Many thanks Cannonball and J4rio for the reminder/feedback :)

I touched up the detail in several areas, changed the architecture where necessary and I didn't know what I was thinking in the last room.

I didn't remove the torches in the first room as I felt they didn't impede movement, I can remove them, but I think they'd remove the ambience :<

The Mancubie squadron received a newly designed bay! Hopefully it's more efficient and not conductive to spontaneous malfunction.

This should be final, unless theirs some drastic catastrophe I accidently conjured.

Here's me, dying repeatedly for your viewing pleasure. There happened a few quirks just in those several attempts I've undergone.

- First mancubus managed not to teleport in
- Some monster managed to open first door on its own while I was still in that room, waking up some monsters there
- Chainers you added are somewhat impossible to take out from one end of room
- Bars beginning to lower after activating previously mentioned descending floor take unnecessarily long to lower, same thing with bars in second room after acquiring red key
- I never liked those 4 archviles after returning to start with red key. I assume they are meant to force you to move onwards to the second room rather than backwards to the huge room with 2 chainers and avs closets. I somehow managed to force myself to that room and fight those avs there. Somehow it worked surprisingly well as they started to wander around there and revive chainers. I'd suggest transfering teleport destination of teleporters placed near those avs in front of player rather than behind.
- Door to the second room after getting red key managed to get locked up after retreating from the said avs

It looks notably better (not that it looked bad, I'm just spoiled by all those awesome maps submitted here) and despite gameplay being at times at the edge of mandatory rng abuse, it's still really enjoyable and fun stuff.

Bloodite Krypto said:

This should be final, unless theirs some drastic catastrophe I accidently conjured.

Yep, never say final until the deadline hits!

Thanks for the demo! It gave me valuable insight into tweaking a few things more so for enjoyment rather then challenge.

j4rio said:

- First mancubus managed not to teleport in

That's never happened to me before 0_o I can only ask not to upset the delicate balance of my pseudo quantum universe.

j4rio said:

- Some monster managed to open first door on its own while I was still in that room, waking up some monsters there.

Yes, I thought not to prevent that unless one could run through to safety while locking the first swarm away.

j4rio said:

- Chainers you added are somewhat impossible to take out from one end of room.

Terrible idea! I changed them to something kinder.

j4rio said:

- Bars beginning to lower after activating previously mentioned descending floor take unnecessarily long to lower, same thing with bars in second room after acquiring red key.

I lowered their floor height to something more ideal hopefully.

j4rio said:

- Door to the second room after getting red key managed to get locked up after retreating from the said avs.

I've grafted a fail safe switch near the 2 Barons and 2 Revs in the event it happens.

Last Cup of Sorrow - V5

-Removed a few monsters in the first/second room as it became evident that more isn't necessarily better as it induces tediousness.

-Added more health, as challenging fights while depriving resources isn't too fun.

I've given it a go again, few more points of interest

room with rl
- PEs there are dickish rather than challenging
- rocketboxes are limiting manevuerability as you don't want to step on them unless you have 45 or less rocket, I'd change them to many lone rockets rather
- I'd change delay of geralized actions of lifts in there from 3 to 1 second.
- those 4 archviles on the way back are still somewhat meh, but whatevs

in the very last room, co-op archvile is inside zombieman hitbox and the whole cyb encounter is rather, uh, anticlimatic

Last Cup of Sorrow - V6

- Changed Rocket packets to individual ones in blood arena
- Made Lifts faster (forgot it had speed settings and such!)
- Got rid of silly PE's
- Changed AV teleporter :)

Genius j4rio genius!

Thanks for being my star tester :D

Told you it was a good idea to make a simple, linear map, the amount of exertion and diligence required in the creative arts is astonishing.

Yeah I was running out of ideas for the last area, funny surprise though. Although this is tough through sheer brutality, I can't contrast it to Okuplok's map where you need to know the exact strategy just to get past that Cyb/HK hallway rather then fun survival-thon :(

TimeOfDeath said:

k I got all the new textures in the resource wad. I'll start adding the maps to it when all the final versions are ready.

Great! After some further thought I think I'll do few changes to maplist, so don't be too hasty with that. It mainly depends on whether GoS map gets finalized.

Are all maps that didn't make it to final wad placed in a single different wad or all are separate?

Also, is there any dehacking possible with midis of 33-35 mapslots? Or are those hardcoded to be sharing titlepic/text/interpic midis?

Any volunteers for at least halfdecent titlepic/interpic and also map names pics? Or are we recycling stuff from last year? (not recommended! could be just used as placeholder for now)

IIRC Kyka's map, Damnation, Anathema, DHland and (presumably) GoS map are the only ones with final versions yet to be made.

Bloodite Krypto said:
Although this is tough through sheer brutality, I can't contrast it to Okuplok's map where you need to know the exact strategy just to get past that Cyb/HK hallway rather then fun survival-thon :(

I admit I'm not a fan of maps with requirement of heavy preknowledge, but I respect every map done well with that in mind, as it creates a different kind of challenge. Hell, I'm sure I've recorded a fair deal of maps that rely on heavy preknowledge. Chillax still sucks though. :p

DHland should be ready to go soon/tomorrow, I'm just trying to see if I can come up with any more creative ideas for the maze at the end. I'll upload when ready. Not sure if I'm going to get to the GoS map, but I'll consider tinkering with it afterwards.

Also, I'm about 20 minutes into Anathema... you should consider renaming it I AM BECOME DEATH.

What would you consider needed to be doing on kykas map j4rio?
As he is the right hand man for the tnt2 project I will assume we will not hear from him as that is due to be released soon.

Secrets and last encounter are the only things I recall. I'd also try flagging BFG just for lower difficulties than UV since map was balanced without it, but if it would turn out too difficult/tedious, it could be brought back. That's really all to it.