Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoWaves

Doom Ending screen edit.

I'm making a doom mod, and was wondering how I could edit the ending?
I cant seem to find the proper files in the WAD so, do I edit the executable, if so, how do I go about doing that, and if it's in the wad, what is the filename?

I have no idea if this is a stupid question or not, seeing as this is my first WAD that I'm making a good 30-something levels for, with custom textures, and all that fun shit. Also I'm just beggining to learn ACS so... yeah. Not much else to say.

dachauncinator said:

...and was wondering how I could edit the ending?

What do you mean by "ending"? Are you referring to the text at the end of the game (i.e., "DooM, a hellish 3D game by id Software ....)? This is the ENDOOM lump. Then there's the CREDIT lump, which gives the names of the creators of DooM. There are also the VICTORY and ENDPIC lumps. And so on ...

...do I edit the executable?

Not unless you want to make your mod vanilla DooM compatible, in which case you can do it using DeHacked or a similar utility.

If you mean the monster cast call, that's hardcoded into the executable but ZDoom and its relatives support customization through the MAPINFO lump. If it's the text screen (ENDOOM lump) you want to change, you'll need XWE (if it'll run on your PC) or a DOS utility called ENDOOMER.

I mean the text crawl that describes what happens after you kill the final boss. Right before the enemy lineup.