Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

Miscellaneous demos (part 2) [please post in part 3 instead]

Good to see that attachments are back. Nice Invasion demos, I find these levels pretty boring to play but they start to look a bit more fun when done speed style.

utopia.wad
UV-Max in 4:15

Sweet 1994 wad here, the outdoor area is quite a sight to see.

utop-415.zip

I'm generally surprised people actually decided to speedrun some of Invasion II's maps. I only liked Map06 and got easily bored of the rest of the maps. Nice to see more runs done to this wad!

Another set of Invasion II demos:

Map 4 UV Max in 2:41
Map 5 UV Max in 3:42
Map 9 UV Max in 4:03
Map 10 UV Max in 1:20
Map 20 UV Max in 1:28
Map 23 UV Max in 4:01
Map 26 UV Max in 2:22
Map 31 UV Max in 3:56

inv-rev2.zip

Amok
MAP04 UV-Max in 4:33

This is from last First Demo Contest, I think blob didn't max this map because that was when Diablo 3 came out so he went to play it and disappeared. :)

am04-433.zip

Memfis said:

Amok
MAP04 UV-Max in 4:33

This is from last First Demo Contest, I think blob didn't max this map because that was when Diablo 3 came out so he went to play it and disappeared. :)

oh right i forgot bout it eheh!

FDC6 UV Speed in 4:38*
Cleimos II
MAP10 UV Speed in 1:24**
MAP10 UV Max in 3:54
MAP22 UV Max in 6:13

Happy new Year!

*This was my favourite Lipsey-style map for a long time. Very twisted for a first try contest. 2 minutes faster than my demo recorded in 2009 w/PrBoom 2.4.7... ancient times
**Well it seems I didn't do my homework properly the last time

stuff.zip

vdgg's id03-240.txt said:
The page with demo recommendations by Grazza can't be found :-( There were a few words about this WAD if I remember.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070326145334/http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/gkburgess/drr/drr007.htm

Naturally I have local copies of all this stuff in case the archive.org route stops working for some reason.

(Of course, on Iditarod map02 there is an easy glide that means you don't need the yellow key.)

Same wad as above, same category too, slower time of 2:25.

It's weird! Nothing special about this wad, neither pictures of Steve Jobs nor any iphones/ipads/ipods. :(

I am not a big fan of Apple, I doesn't own any Apple products. I love my HTC ONE X phone I am using now lol.

Anyway R.I.P Steve Jobs.

jobs-01-225.zip

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

The Beginning of the End(End1.wad) Again!!! E1M3 Max 7:57.

-Complevel 3

There must me some kind of mistake. I suspect your typing "complevel" without (-) sign or make a typo, as your recent demos are consistently not vanilla compatible. It doesn't make them less fun or anything like that, these maps don't have features which would make a difference, yet please check what you're doing and writing in your text files.

After starting demo playback you may quit PrBoom+, then read stdout.txt. In the case of end-13-757 it says "G_DoPlayDemo: playing demo with boom v2.02 compatibility"

vdgg said:

There must me some kind of mistake. I suspect your typing "complevel" without (-) sign or make a typo, as your recent demos are consistently not vanilla compatible. It doesn't make them less fun or anything like that, these maps don't have features which would make a difference, yet please check what you're doing and writing in your text files.

After starting demo playback you may quit PrBoom+, then read stdout.txt. In the case of end-13-757 it says "G_DoPlayDemo: playing demo with boom v2.02 compatibility"

It's weird, I type "Prboom -iwad a.wad -skill 4 -warp X -complevel n -record B -file XXX.wad" command to the command line since the 1st demo in DSDA. Tendamonsta and Qaatar also use this command line to record their demos, and I learn this command line by them.

cannonball said:

Castle Doom
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=17058
There are probably some maps which can be maxed with ease though the quality of the wad is extremely variable

MAP15 UV-Max in 2:32
Random demo on a random map.

------------------------------

MAP07 UV-Max/Reality in 1:15
MAP07 UV-Max in 1:14

------------------------------

MAP32 UV-Max/Reality in 0:50

A cool demo on this random level.

Sorry for spam. I'd really appreciate if a moderator could join in all these three posts from today in one single post. I really didn't think I would do all these demos today.

Mod says: it can be done, but it was tedious. Next time do the zipping yourself :-P Check your PM

castle_demos_rizera.zip

Zahid said:

So as riz said its My "Hard Demo" of the day:)

The most lucky depending a demo is, the harder to beat I judge it. i.e.: Your 0:38 is now a really tough demo to beat. :)

I was pretty sure maps 07 and 32 would get competition here.

Same map, UV-Max in 1:20. I managed to get the cyberdemon kill 3 cacos which saved some time. btw usually people use names like AB01-104 for Doom 2 wads but A1B1-104 for Doom 1 wads.

s1p1-120.zip