Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scientist

I made a music video using Doom

hi there,

Happy 2013 everybody!
Anyways I made a psychedelic music video using Doom! :). Check it here:
new video
Parts 0:00-7:38 and 8:00 - 10:00 are recorded in zdoom (the rest in Milkshape3d).

Years ago I also made a video using Doom. If you haven't seen that one yet check it here:
older video

cheers,
Scientist (space is green)

Seriously, what the hell did I just watch?
Haha, that's modern abstract art, buddy!

Is this like a map you can download?

Impressive stuff! Plus it would also qualify for the monochrome mapping project ;) Would you share the wad link here for the sake of curiosity?

I agree: very impressive work. I would love to run around in this level if you have a working wad. Even without monsters, I'd consider it a very valid entry in the MMP (as glenzinho mentioned) as a high-concept piece of map-art.

Maybe Im going a bit over here but hell with it. While this seems so odd in itself it is such a great example of abstract AND individual art design. Dig it deeply!

Jesus Christ on an acid trip, very nice vibe going on there. That is hugely impressive an intermission map for a music video. Also, off topic question, is there going to be a Scientist 3?

Springy said:

Also, off topic question, is there going to be a Scientist 3?

Great to see you still remember Scientist 2 from 2005! :D
Unfortunatly I don't think I'll ever make a sci3. I don't spend that much time on making wads anymore :'(. I've been spending my spare time on making art instead. But sometimes like in this project I can combine both.
see my art at: http://spaceisgreen.nl/

Utterly brilliant. The choice of music is perfect. Like something I'd expect to find at an exhibition at any respectable museum of modern art.

After watching a few minutes and it didn't seem to be going anywhere I lost interest and stopped.

The part at the end with the warping and weaving texture over hills was moderately interesting, but I agree with Kristus: scrolling a grid texture across sloped sectors for 11 minutes isn't really my idea of a good time.

I thought it was great for the first few minutes until I saw how long the video was. Then I also got bored. It would probably be great to watch while stoned or on the screens in a club or something.

fraggle said:

I thought it was great for the first few minutes until I saw how long the video was. Then I also got bored. It would probably be great to watch while stoned or on the screens in a club or something.

Or sober after midnight in bed about to fall asleep like I did...

I had begun questioning if I was still in reality or if this really was reality. What is the matrix?

fraggle said:

It would probably be great to watch while stoned or on the screens in a club or something.

Yeah, it's definitely one of those things that's best appreciated while under the influence of something.

Heh, this is rather neat. Made me think of dada.wad, then I looked up the author... go figure!

Also, seems that someone beat me to asking about Scientist 3. Welcome back, regardless. ;)

Very nice video! I really like how the film and the song had the same pulse. Alot of people seem to forget about the whole pulse thing when they add music to moving pictures.