Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's the worst WAD you've played? South Park Doom was the worst wad I've played. The sprites were lame because they barely even moved! (Even though it's South Park, in the show at least they showed some signs of movements, not just sit still for a couple frames, then move one frame, etc.) and the sounds were so annoying, I deleted all of the sounds from the WAD file so I didn't have to hear them!!! The only cool thing about was the INTERPIC and TITLEPIC. ...Hmm, instead of deleting the sounds, maybe pressing the mute button would have been a better solution...

Well, no offense but can you do better? Even if you can, at least people are trying. Maybe it was his first attempt? Oh well.

Well first of all, yes it was his first wad, but the graphics were ripped, and they are in crappy condition. I'm ALSO making my own mod! The downloads aren't working right now (except for the skins) but I'm trying to use custom made graphics! (I'm talking about my Lizard War mod, it's gonna be pretty obvious that Pokestein will have some modified and ripped graphics) It's not exactly the WORST wad ever, but I'm glad it's not as bad as some of the school themed wads available at ftp.sunet. There are some good scool themed wads, but you have try and look for them. Speaking of trying to make wads, are YOU trying to make a wad?

And another thing, it's just my opinion. I've had bad critisism on my Doom Mods and drawings, but you don't see me bitching about their critisism.

Ever played "Doomy", it has the Pillsbury doughboy. Or "Halloween" it has crapy pumpkin graphics (among other things).

Lizardcommando said:

Well first of all, yes it was his first wad, but the graphics were ripped, and they are in crappy condition. I'm ALSO making my own mod! The downloads aren't working right now (except for the skins) but I'm trying to use custom made graphics! (I'm talking about my Lizard War mod, it's gonna be pretty obvious that Pokestein will have some modified and ripped graphics) It's not exactly the WORST wad ever, but I'm glad it's not as bad as some of the school themed wads available at ftp.sunet. There are some good scool themed wads, but you have try and look for them. Speaking of trying to make wads, are YOU trying to make a wad?

And another thing, it's just my opinion. I've had bad critisism on my Doom Mods and drawings, but you don't see me bitching about their critisism.

Yes, I am just starting to make my own level and it isn't easy! There isn't anything wrong with criticism, don't get the wrong idea.

Worst wad...
I had a list once..
A list of tons of horrible doom levels, from cdrom.com and the maximum wads cd. (yeah well most of the times when you download a level you never know what you'll end up playing eh?

Some of those levels were beyond stupid, didn't make sense at all, hundred million enemies in one room and almost no ammo ;)

Or even worse: an archvile at the beginning of the level, a pool of slime, nowhere to hide.. no weapons... only one way out, small corridor, imps blocking the way..

Pure genius I'm telling ya.

How do you guys judge the levels? By graphics, sound, too many/too little enemies, no ammo, ect. In my opinion it doesn't have to be too good looking, but have great gameplay.

Worst WAD ever would be one I did. It was seven levels, and had a tech theme. It was called Murderous Intent, and it was an attempt that failed to produce some eyecandy.

Afterwards, I went on to do Wolfenstein 3D levels. I could at least handle that.

Murderous Intent wasn't as bad as Jayextee says it was. I played it, and I thought it was challenging but not crap. No, the worst wad ever would have to be that gem of a wad Ralphis released last month called andrewb.wad

Jayextee said:

Worst WAD ever would be one I did. It was seven levels, and had a tech theme. It was called Murderous Intent, and it was an attempt that failed to produce some eyecandy.

It's not that bad really. The playability at some areas could have been a little better and too much Archviles in my opinion, but overall not bad.

My skewl.wad
My crappy train level for twilight warrior
My old bughunt.wad (noticing a theme here)

Hmm,then there was supar1227, pea shootin' and the iamevil series XD
and nuts.wad was fun!

Murderous Intent was the bomb.. Kickass Gameplay. good design . Much much fun. :) Now stop this ridiculous behaviour JXT, I know you only do it so people will tell you how good it was ;)

I had a cdrom with 1000 wads on it and 80% of them sucked. I wish I still had that cd, cuz it had a 30 level megawad that featured classic metallica music, one of the good 20%.

I got one like that too,its called Maximum doom,only 99% of the levels on there suck! (city2.wad for doom 2 on there is alright though)

cph said:

Worst megawad I've ever played has to be BOOM2_3.

"Mockery has a tough act to follow." Good one, Colin.

Linguica said:

The Sky May Be

WORST. WAD. EVER.

Holy crap! The first pic looks like something you'd see in one of Hondo's levels (like the secret area in the Endless Rain map) but of course, the rest of his levels are alot better than the pieces of craps I just saw.

cph said:

Worst megawad I've ever played has to be BOOM2_3.

http://www.cph.demon.co.uk/doom/du/reviews/boom2_3.html

I'm still looking for BOOM2_2...

The game crashes when I try to exit in ZDOOM.

Anyway, the worst WAD I've played consisted of nothing more than one large rectangular sector with tons o'enemies and a Romero head in the center. Supposedly for DM, but I saw no entertainment in it. Sorry, don't remember the name to it.

I heard the Columbine killers' maps were horrible. Anybody know where I can get them? Or are they on 3D Archives?

I think the wads you described pretty much sum up the wads made by the Columbine shooters.

Weedster said:

...I heard the Columbine killers' maps were horrible. Anybody know where I can get them? Or are they on 3D Archives?

There are a few wads they made, and only two or three of the wads were decent. Let's see... Hockey.wad was probably the best wad the guy made, bricks.wad lags too much, fightme.wad sucks ass, station.wad was cool, but it got old too quick, uaclabs.wad was pretty cool but there were too many enemies and not enough guns even though you find alot of soul spheres. There was a wad that the killer mentions in his readme's called realdoom.wad, I haven't played it yet though. I here there are other wads out there, but they probably been deleted by now... Oh and before I forget here's the website:

http://www.doomworld.com/epidemic/harris/

Eric Harris said:

Authors may NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels.
You may NOT change a damn thing with this WAD, if you do, i will blow you up.
And it will be cool.

Yeah, he had problems alright.

Anyway, it's kinda creepy playing WADs by a psycho dead guy.

Lizardcommando said:

Heh, shit, for a moment I thought Doomworld actually was hosting a site made by Harris o_O

The level has all the weapons except for that ultra-cheap BFG.

Heh, Harris was ABC =)

Whoa, this is pretty freaky.

Heh the maps suck but those .txt files are pretty funny. They remind me of Crendowing...

*insert completely tasteless punchline here*

Heh yeah, it sure is freaky to read those text files knowing the guy who wrote them ended up killing a load of people. Especially since he seems just like a normal Doomer too...

And I have a suspicion that 'realdoom' thing may be the school level... or maye not.

SlayeR said:

And I have a suspicion that 'realdoom' thing may be the school level... or maye not.

Sounds like it...I had no luck finding it on Google though. There's actually even more made by him than the ones on Epidemic.

And what's with the Crendowing guy? I asked about it over at Doomcenter, and it did clear a few things up, though not entirely. Someone want to fill me on it?

Hell, just catch me on AIM (WeedinDaJoint) to tell me...