Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LittleTemple

A Message From Abiageal O'Meara

Dear DOOM Community,

With work winding down on the Dimensions soundtrack, I’ve decided to expand my contribution to the community of DOOM and Id Tech 1 based games outside of the Little Temple Group.

I feel confident enough to work on other games such as Heretic, Hexen, & Strife as well as working with people on their DOOM projects.

For those of you whom have heard tracks I’ve done for both Dimensions and Projekt Xero and liked it, I thank you.

Anyone who wishes to contact me and wants some tracks done, you can do so by sending an email to abbey0237 @ gmail.com and I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.

The following is a bit of information on my setup just for those who like all the technical details and so I wont find myself in any spots of trouble down the road.

System –

Apple Macintosh Mini

OS X 10.5.8

Software –

Logic Pro 9

Audacity

Hardware –

Roland Juno-Gi Mobile Synthesizer

It should be noted that, I have never done strict MIDI tracks before so, should someone request those, I will give it a go however, achieving the sound you may like in my current tracks may present problems as I would have to redo all my presets. If you would be looking for the sound used in Dimensions & Projekt Xero, it is best if I do such tracks in a “live instrument” setting and by that I mean having it encoded in “MP3, Wav, Flac, Ogg, AIFF, AAC” and so forth.

Thank you to those who gave feedback on my work thus far.

Abiageal “Abbey” O’Meara

Might want to break the email address so it's not harvestable by crawlers as well.

Could you or someone please upload the wads to a different site? The one they're on doesn't seem to be working very well for me.

Interesting, I'll have to check out her work. Prboom+ runs .ogg right?

E: so I listened to her youtube channel and rebekah's dream, and some elements are great, a lot from map 04 and 5, but the pieces are just too slow for most maps I make.

Haha, in that case I'm glad we didn't listen to the guy who suggested we make them slower =P

I'm not sure if you've heard the UAC Overture yet, it's a Projekt Xero level song that's quite up beat.

My point being that yes, she mainly does slower stuff but, if you give her a push, she can do fast stuff.

The main reason behind the slow music you heard is because we thought fast stuff would take away from the creepiness that is (or we're trying) to make our levels.

In fact, you can hear the UAC overture in this video - link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1psds1vJP9s

All in all, thanks for posting!