Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Is it possible to convert Ogg Vorbis sounds to Doom format?

I've almost finished a Boom map I'm working on(with new enemies courtesy of DeHackEd), but I've hit a bit of a speedbump: some of the monster sounds are in Ogg Vorbis format, which means that PrBoom "converts" them to static. Is there a program I can use to change the properties of sounds?

Goldwave demo or Audacity freeware - pretty much any reputable sound editing software should do it.

Ed said:

Goldwave demo or Audacity freeware - pretty much any reputable sound editing software should do it.

Thanks. :) I'll give 'em a go.

XMPlay will do the job nicely if you direct its output to a .Wav file instead of the speakers. You can also customize the output settings to reduce filesize at the expense of some loss of quality.

Try these.

Personally I have had used Audacity to convert many audio samples to games, including Doom (for Doomsday Engine anyway) and find it simple and easy to use.

I also like it because it hardly takes up much space, and is not intrusive. Im not really into audio software, so I just want to load it up, do what I need, close it and forget about it until another day.

Final point, there are lots of tutorials on the internet to do all sorts of stuff, if you are into that?

Anyways, good luck in what ever you use.