Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krispy

Things in Doom you've never done

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Wait, what? Gibbing SS or zombiemen with SS?

Well you can take it as a given that I haven't done that. Never even heard of it until today.

It should not be possible (at least on PC), since SSG pellets do 5-15 damage and you need at least 21 dmg to gib a zombieman (leave it at 1 HP and then gib at -20)

But as an interesting fact, it is possible not to gib a zombieman with a rocket launcher, if it rolls minimum damage (or is so far out of the splash radius)

Also I've never:

- Played any console version of doom on a console.
- Finished any IWAD on Nightmare
- Attempted any custom WADs on Nightmare
- Played any competitive multiplayer in Doom with human opponents
- Used SR50
- Seen "Sucks" time on completion

Oh wait just realised another, I have never played the DM version of GVH in my two years (early 2010 to about mid 2012) of playing I only ever played the Team LMS version. I know this is about Doom but thought I'd put a Doom mod thing I haven't done.

I never have done:

• Finishing any Doom game without cheats
  • Getting "Sucks" time
  • Winning on a DM
  • Finishing a map/mod on editors
  • Gibbing a Zombieman with a Super Shotgun (Expect in Brutal Doom)
  • Killing a Cyberdemon with 2 BFG shots
  • Playing any team game with actual players

Krispy said:

I've never...

• Gotten a playthrough time of 'Sucks.'

if youll play cc3 map12 you'll probably finish like this

i have never ever done

* the final episode of ultimate doom
* finished final dooms
* gibbed zombie with ssg
* finised map30 without mouselook
* doom 1 on gba (i did doom 2 tho)
* the second half of the cc's

I have never killed a Cyberdemon using only a pistol!

I know some people have done it, but it seems like it is going to take a long time and a silly lack in concentration for a moment can land a rocket in your face resulting in Doomguy going all over the place :(

Ribbiks said:

true doomers take cybs down with their fists. no berserk.

That makes for extremely long CYBIE.WAD sessions ;-)

I have never
* Completed any of the Doom1 episodes on Nightmare!
* Finished AV
* Finished MAP28
* Punched a Cyberdemon to death (Cybie doesn't count IMO)
* Finish E1M3 with the non-secret exit

sgt dopey said:

* Punched a Cyberdemon to death (Cybie doesn't count IMO)

There are non-Cybie maps that require or allow you to kill a Cyberdemon Cybie-style, often as a side effect of map design, even predating Cybie by a solid decade or more ;-)

In the amount of time it takes for me to come up with something, I;m opening up doom and trying to do it.

I have never:

• Killed anything stronger than a Cacodemon with a Chainsaw
  • Beaten a level on Nightmare!
  • Completely ran out of ammo and was forced to use my fists
  • Finished a well-known megawad
  • Made a map for Ultimate DooM
  • Played AV
  • Recorded/played a demo
  • Never won a DM

jdagenet said:

I have never:

• Completely ran out of ammo and was forced to use my fists

You lucky little bastard.

Personally, I've never finished E4 of Ultimate Doom. I just... I don't like it.

I've also never preferred using the Melee weapons to take down enemies. Usually if I have ammo I'm gonna use it.

I've never played Nightmare! seriously.

I've never played an official Doom build that was not on the PC and built before the source code release. (I.E. Yea to iOS and Android Doom, Nay to PSX, SNES, 32X, Jaguar...)

Maes said:

There are non-Cybie maps that require or allow you to kill a Cyberdemon Cybie-style, often as a side effect of map design, even predating Cybie by a solid decade or more ;-)

plutonia.wad has a stuck Cyberdemon on Go 2 It in co-op IIRC. That can certainly be fisted to death if you've got the patience. Our preference was to use it as a meat shield, as it is in the little alcove over looking the bit with all of the Spider Masterminds and Arachnotrons.

I never........

- Make a single map
- Fist a cyberdemon
- Getting "Time Sucks"
- Finished all maps on megawad in UV Max
- Beat super professional doomer's(e.g Kimo Xvirus) time
- Use SR50
- Gibbed a zombie using a pistol
- Finish a map with Reality
- Play a deathmatch
- Play with CO-OP
- Finish a dead simple map without killing anything
- Finish a map with only 1HP
- Chainsaw anything stronger than a cacodemon
- Telefrag the Icon of Sin

etc.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

I never........

- Use SR50
- Gibbed a zombie using a pistol
- Telefrag the Icon of Sin

etc.

Whats a SR50?

I didnt know you could gib anything with a pistol.....how could that happen?

Lastly, how on earth do you telefrag Icon od Sin, im guessing its something do do with getting through the rocket hole and doing something to the 'head'

Needless to say, I have not done those things either :(

PS - Off topic, but just thinking about it the Icon of Sin is like the Death Star!! I big beast of destruction, but with a conviently placed hole, just the right size for a rocket to go through which leads directly to the core which in turn blows it up!......except of course Icon of Sin is bad ass and needs multiple rockets to destroy it.

lol it's impossible to gib a zombie other from Barrels, RL, Plasma Gun and BFG. It's also impossible to telefrag the Icon of Sin, the only method is to kill him using the RL. Therefore not only me who never done these 2 things, but also all other doomers. As for SR50, its one of the trick commonly used for speedrun as it will greatly increase the player's speed.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

I've actually seen a demon bite a zombie and it get gibbed. Wish I had a demo of that.

I have a distinct feeling I've seen that too. I have 0 evidence to back up my claim, tho.

Thanks Daiyu_Xiaoxiang im obviously being a bit dense lol

It did sound quite extreme, but people can figure out how to do the most odd things in games lol

bcwood16 said:

Whats a SR50?

SR = Strafe run

SR25 is the most common method of straferunning: hold forward and strafe left keys and you go faster than just going one direction because:
Forward sets your speed to 1 (just using random numbers here)
Strafing also sets speed to 1
Holding both adds the two speeds together, giving you two.

SR50 is harder to pull off: You hold Move Forward, Strafe Right, Strafe Modifier (Alt), and Turn Right. This has the effect of the above, plus adding the Alt+Turn Right, which adds another one, where you go 3.

Hope that made sense.

EvilNed01 said:

I have a distinct feeling I've seen that too. I have 0 evidence to back up my claim, tho.

It happens quite a lot in PSX Doom.

Orangestar said:

SR25 is the most common method of straferunning: hold forward and strafe left keys and you go faster than just going one direction because:
Forward sets your speed to 1 (just using random numbers here)
Strafing also sets speed to 1
Holding both adds the two speeds together, giving you two.

not quite.

normal: 100%
sr40: 128%
sr50: 141%

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Straferunning

bcwood16 said:

PS - Off topic, but just thinking about it the Icon of Sin is like the Death Star!! I big beast of destruction, but with a conviently placed hole, just the right size for a rocket to go through which leads directly to the core which in turn blows it up!......except of course Icon of Sin is bad ass and needs multiple rockets to destroy it.

This is actually referenced in the official Doom 2 strategy guide :D

StevieCybernetik said:

It happens quite a lot in PSX Doom.

The only reason you're unlikely to see it in any Doom game is because Demons take too long to melee and therefore even Zombiemen can shamble away. A Demon's bite definitely can do enough damage to gib a Zombieman and I've seen it myself several times in Doom, Doom 2 and ZDoom. Hell Knights, Barons of Hell, Cacodemons and Revenants are also prone to gibbing Zombiemen in melee. Sergeants and Imps can fall prey to it too, more rarely.

LOL - just had a thought, it would very much amuse me to edit the 'Thing' properties of zombies to give them 1 health point, and a higher attack damage for the demon.

Then create or edit a map to have lots and lots of zombie men, then watch with great excitement as the demon runs around gibbing all the zombies with its munch.

....this (if it works properly) would actually amuse me for quite a while.....would even consider putting it together in a youtube movie for even more giggles!!

*Excellant - Mr Burns style*

I saw a Baron gib a zombieman for the first time (that I can recall) last night. Since we're usually playing coop and half-assed competing for most kills we don't have a lot of time to let monsters infight.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

It's also impossible to telefrag the Icon of Sin, the only method is to kill him using the RL.

MAP30 has been done Tyson-style.

bcwood16 said:

just thinking about it the Icon of Sin is like the Death Star!! I big beast of destruction, but with a conviently placed hole, just the right size for a rocket to go through which leads directly to the core which in turn blows it up!

1. The Deathstar is not a beast nor is the IOS as it's a demon, beast would probably be used to name a lesser kind creature.
2. The hole on the IOS is much bigger and more obvious than the exhaustport on the deathstar and the IOS is not as gigantic as the Deathstar nor is it in space.
3. A a proton torpedo from a starfighter was used to blow up the Deathstar while a rocket a totally different kind of projectile from a totally different device the rocket launcher was used to blow up the IOS.