Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I've always liked to come up with new monsters in my head and where I'd use them in maps. A lot of cool monsters have been made over at Realm667, but there are a few ideas that I'd still like to see made.

Exhuminator: A mechanized arch-vile that shoots bursts of fire resurrecting monsters in it's path. Also having some kind of fire attack that is not single target, along with the one attack we all know and love.

Wingturret: A flying chaingunner.

Scout demon: A monster that never actually attacks you but after it sees you it goes around and "wakes up" other monsters.

Thief monster would be nice too.. Steal your weapons, armor or powerups and then attack you with them. Could be like a thief imp.

The thief concept reminds me of the Gremlins from one of the Quake mission packs. Would be cool to see.

I like your ideas too.I sure wish someone would have finished the Doom Monster Creator,though.It would have been a lot of fun to use.Good luck in making your monsters.

I think something like the 'Scout Demon' could be quite a nightmare (or even just plain pointless) if used incorrectly, but could also potentially make for some very interesting situations.

Using ACS it is quite easy to make a scout monster. Either have something run to a switch when it's activated, or put a "monster walks over" line to trigger an ambush (I did this in Coils of the Twisted Tale, just before the big spire battle), or even have it activate/teleport in other monsters on death.

I had this huge convoluted idea for a boss called the Lord of Putrefaction once.

First form: Shoots a wave of red Baron balls and also teleports.

Second form: Shoots 2 waves at a time instead of 1 and spits Flesh Spawns at you. Also retains teleportation.

Third form: Shoots 2 waves followed by a ball of acid, spits 3 Flesh Spawns at a time and also has a spitting attack akin to the Cyberfiend. Can still teleport.

If only I was half-decent at making sprites...

Ragnor said:

The original Cacodemon that was taken from a D&D book. Oh god that thing would be amazing.

The Astral Dreadnought? That would require one fucking HUGE map...

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Wingturret: A flying chaingunner.

My first thought was a severed head with two chainguns attached to the chin with white wings.

The "astral dreadnought as a monster" would pretty much just be a "fullgrown" caco, with arms and a tail, and bigger. Although you COULD make a massive map for it, like say, a space station that ends by a large exploded area open to space, where the astral glides in from space, growing closer and closer..

I like how it eats souls, makes it the opposite of the Pain Elemental...or makes the Pain Elemental a later stage of its life or a mutation? Oh man, the sheer ideas I have right now..