Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
capodecima

Kings of Railguns

Hi community,
I have started to organize new tournament, railguns are quite popular on other games like open arena, quake live, shootmania and etc. So i want try run easy tournament for everyone without some super knowledge about doom. Its just railgun game. One shoot one kill.
It will be 3vs3 instagib CTF on IDL2013 wad with standart CTF settings.
I would glad refer you on page http://kingsofrailguns.ucoz.com/ there are all informations, rules, registration field and etc. OH and yes it is running on ODAMEX!

Hmm, interesting. I love a good old game of CTF but instagib CTF? Not entirely sure but may give it a shot. Also, hey Capo didn't realise you were still about.

LOL - that looks like pretty good fun, I love instagib games!

Used to play these only on UT99, UT2004 (Not UT3 that was console trash and looks like it killed UT in the process) and Quake 3!

Never played it with Doom though, only ever play co-op....but we end up killing each other anyway.....because its fun :)

capodecima said:

Hi community,
I have started to organize new tournament, railguns are quite popular on other games like open arena, quake live, shootmania and etc. So i want try run easy tournament for everyone without some super knowledge about doom. Its just railgun game. One shoot one kill.

U can make frame 71 of duration 0 and that'll double ur saw power, might consider increasing player's health

Relic said:

I'd be down for this, I used to play instagib a lot on UT, Quake Live and TF2. It's always good fun...

Instagib!!!!!

Oh yes, me too, well not TF2.

UT instagib back in the day was some seriously hardcore stuff, they were brutal and relentless.....loved it!

Always remember I booted it up to show a friend who had heard of it and wanted to see it. He always thought he was so quick on FPS on his xbox/playstation..console thing....whatever. Anyway when he saw me splat somebody, spin around kill another two and jump off a ledge killing more on the way down all in a a matter of seconds he couldnt believe it was possible...he was utterly speechless. Not saying I was amazing, but I wasn't bad, but certainly not the best. The game was just so much faster then he could handle because he was so used to his slooowww movement thumb stick thingies lol

I let him have a go he couldn't kill anybody in 20 mins lol He got utterly destroyed! Though to be fair he had never used a mouse and keyboard so wasnt really fair. I did laugh alot though!

If you want play some instagib on odamex feel free to join my servers:
5.135.162.91:10695 (CTF)
5.135.162.91:10671 (TDM)
5.135.162.91:10696 (FFA)

I am also planing some tourney but not CTF probably DM. But dunno when though.

I wasn't even aware TF2 instagib was a thing. Can't decide which class would end up the most overpowered in that scenario.

Well, I can decide it wouldn't be the Pyro and probably not the Demoman, but beyond that...