• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Green Herring

Community Chest Series Demos [-complevel 9]

Plut said:

MAP06 Pacifist in 0:53

Unknown file type named с downloaded when i click ur link:(

the archive name gets garbled for some reason. i get a file called "& #1089", which is the decimal code for "c". :) just rename it and add .zip, it's a valid archive.

edit: i see that the forum software translates the decimal code back to the letter and you wanted to point out the same thing, haha.

dew said:

the archive name gets garbled for some reason. i get a file called "& #1089", which is the decimal code for "c". :) just rename it and add .zip, it's a valid archive.

edit: i see that the forum software translates the decimal code back to the letter and you wanted to point out the same thing, haha.

hmmm....
I was going to ask you or vdgg how that "c" into my post instead of what i wrote....:)

Cchest4 map
map27 uv-max 10:27*

not really satisfied but this map is a large thorn in the ass.
-cyber demon waits just below bluekey;
-random fucktard imp get pushed down the pillars by lost souls (-.....-) or rockets;
-single monster disappears till the exit switch is in sight;
-revenants blocking jumping (rare);
-lost souls block the jumping (rare to not occur);
-etc.

no idea how good or bad this is, but i just made another 10:31 and 10:35 so I'll move on for now

c427-1027.zip

Nice run, I can see how annoying this map by the name "Vulcana II". The original Vulcana in WOS is already annoying as hell because of the pillars.

I actually once try to do a run on this map, however the lost souls are so annoying and that cyber keeps killing me, eventually I give up.

map itself is very good, but I either have been very unlucky or this map hates me ;p
btw zahid: whats with those popi thingies now as filename? **

It's just one of those maps which will be a pain to run quickly. Real memorable moments as well as many ragequitting moments for all here.

thats how i wrote in run window i got used to it now,and sometime forgot
to rename those lmps before posting:D

I hope I will play Community Chest 4 some time during the next 15 years :) but for now I'm continuing with Cchest2 from where I left off...

CC2 MAP11 NM secrets in 4:19
CC2 MAP13 NM speed in 2:23
CC2 MAP14 NM secrets in 3:15
CC2 MAP19 NM speed in 2:22
CC2 MAP20 UV speed in 1:35
CC2 MAP20 NM speed in 2:54
CC2 MAP31 NM speed in 0:59

All the maps except MAP20 were recorded back in April, and MAP20 was done recently. More info in textfiles.

cc2-11-13-14-19-20-31.zip

Donce said:

CC2 MAP20 UV speed in 1:35
CC2 MAP20 NM speed in 2:54

nice! glad to see someone beating my crap cc2 times. :D

Nice one! Looks like a tough map to max: very long, with many things that can go wrong. Welcome to Doomworld, hope to see more demos from you. :)

vargally said:

my favourite map, my first speedrun. see txt for more text. time 19:46.

nice one, going to watch it now :)
I barely remember the map, but If im right i had a way slower demo than yours uploaded (23-24min ) but it wasnt uploaded in DSDA cus I lost the lmp

Thanks for your demo, and the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed this map.

welcome vargally to the world of doom dude that run of you is surely nice as first run...:) why don't you simply close recording when dies and start new recording BTW me too arrived in demo recording business due to blob's inspiration...dont know should thank or curse him:>

woah! I'm happy I was of some sort of inspiration for some new speedrunners :) hope more will come eheh