Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrthejoshmon

really bad wad addiction!

I am only a recent member, really since last Christmas is when I finally got this computer for doom, and in that short 1 month span I have played some of the worst wads that could even be seen as data let alone that they are *playable* (use that term loosely)... in the short span of this month, bad wads have become a habit of mine, rather then look for really good wads, I tend to go for the unrated or low rated wads, not jokewads though, I just want to know, what bad wads anybody has played so I can fuel this strange addiction that I recently got and maybe get a couple of YT views on it?

Here is a couple of Youtube Doomers who do crappy maps to sate your appetite..

DeimosComaBlack
Aquarius199 (Goes as NiTROACTiVE on these forums)

Mr. Chris said:

Here is a couple of Youtube Doomers who do crappy maps to sate your appetite..

DeimosComaBlack
Aquarius199 (I think he still goes as NitroactiveStudios on DW)

yeah, I have been long time subscribers to them, I think Deimos, aquarius and Nomac90 are what started this odd craze of mine! however I have found wads none of them covered such as db666.wad (worst wad ever IMO) and something to do with water (that is only possible in some ports but was released in the 90's). instead of blatantly doing bad wads, I run them with brutal doom

BaronOfStuff said:

A2.wad
MAP01.wad

Have fun.

I don't like the sound of those but here goes nothing!
(I have also been a long time sub to you as well)

I guess I could link Anarchy at Briggs if we're talking about bad wads. It's an unreleasable jokewad of mine that I keep forgetting to plug for some reason.

Don't try and play it with Brutal, though -- it has a Dehacked patch and 90% of the fun is all the stupid stuff the DEH does.

Xaser said:

I guess I could link Anarchy at Briggs if we're talking about bad wads. It's an unreleasable jokewad of mine that I keep forgetting to plug for some reason.

Don't try and play it with Brutal, though -- it has a Dehacked patch and 90% of the fun is all the stupid stuff the DEH does.

Ok I will take a look

I am loving your jokewad Xaser

Picked up an angus

Picked up a bleu keyfarg

I confess, I'm on ITYTD, using Sv_fastweapons 2 Sv_infiniteammo 1 and the chain-ssg thing :P

Xaser said:

that is the most random, and surprisingly funny, joke wad I have played I did not expect that spidermastermind to come out the zombie man!

Whenever I record videos, I always make sure there is no excessive DECORATE or Dehacked that will interfere with the WAD's gameplay.

Mr. Chris said:

Whenever I record videos, I always make sure there is no excessive DECORATE or Dehacked that will interfere with the WAD's gameplay.

Have you ever tried NOT using the WAD then?

If it's a WAD that has significant changes (IE Aliens TC, James Bond Doom, Urban Brawl, other major DECORATE mods, etc), I do not use them. I do know Whitemare, the megawad I am going through now only has Dehacked for the secret level and for the level names so I am only playing the normal 17 levels.

sometimes, just for a joke, I play heavily DECORATE edited wads with brutal doom, sometimes the outcome varies, the PSX mod is playable but the AI and death sprites are broken, zpack works well with brutal doom, some of that "terry's" (urgh) wads outcomes are literally laughable (brutal UACMN is one horrible gory mess in 5 seconds with player re-spawns) and I might even get footage of other wads like brutal batman doom (batman doom should be called fapman doom!)

I feel like it's almost blasphemy to combine wads that have different dehacked patches. I even feel uncomfortable using my smooth weapon animations dehacked patch on a wad that uses dehacked just to name the levels, because without dissecting the wad with a lump editor, I won't know for sure if I'm missing out on something.

on the thread's topic though, I explore a lot of early 90's vanilla wads, even if they look and play terrible, because I find some great ideas for traps and map layouts in their design. Even if a map is really rather terrible, I do my best to find at least one thing thats unique, interesting, or redeeming about it. It sounds weird but I don't believe you can really be an awesome level designer without exposing yourself to some real crap. We need the crap in order to determine what is good.

Look for anything uploaded by Perseus. Not all of them are bad by any means, but he/she/it will upload the most ridiculously pointless "my first effort" maps as well as some genuinely substandard-to-average ones. Occasionally there will be a proper gem of classic goodness.

I liked that video too, the comic is also quite funny, but I do wonder if you are allowed to upload oblige maps to doom world as currently I received a fun chalenge of a wad from that program! its actual rape by 200+ enemies (mainly zombiemen) and whilst trying to play it with brutal doom I got my ass handed to me on a silver plate!

ah, its just that it was quite a challenging map, screw it I will attempt to recreate it after the wasteland wad I have fought tooth and nail to finish with no end in sight! (he got put as looser and scorned by the community? thank god I asked!)

Welcome to Doomworld forums! You'll meet some cool guys here like Gez, GreyGhost and plenty of others. Also, like Chris mentioned I like to play through crappy Doom WADs that will make you cringe if you play them.

Also, an underrated WAD you should play that don't have much appreciation on YouTube is Jenesis. I played it and it's real fun and challenging.

Mr. Chris said:

If it's a WAD that has significant changes (IE Aliens TC, James Bond Doom, Urban Brawl, other major DECORATE mods, etc), I do not use them. I do know Whitemare, the megawad I am going through now only has Dehacked for the secret level and for the level names so I am only playing the normal 17 levels.

I meant without using BD.

Try this
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=15846
This is from an author with a reputation for pretty bad wads, though I personally like some them, especially this wad, it's silly but you can have a lot of fun with it
Oh and this map by darkwave0000
http://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=http%3A%2F%2Fdoomedsda.us%2Flmps%2F1869%2Fdarkwave17.zip&session_token=QGdH7Z2XDkHFqtEzuLUAYjD1Qpl8MTM1OTA0MTA2N0AxMzU4OTU0NjY3

If you can get your hands on Maximum Doom, then you'll have a lot of 'fun' with hundreds -- maybe even thousands -- of sub-par/shit-tastic WADs.

Get the D!Zone collection too and you'll never want to leave the house again!

cannonball said:

Try this
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=15846
This is from an author with a reputation for pretty bad wads, though I personally like some them, especially this wad, it's silly but you can have a lot of fun with it
Oh and this map by darkwave0000
http://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=http%3A%2F%2Fdoomedsda.us%2Flmps%2F1869%2Fdarkwave17.zip&session_token=QGdH7Z2XDkHFqtEzuLUAYjD1Qpl8MTM1OTA0MTA2N0AxMzU4OTU0NjY3

funny enough I have played his previous work, but not this one, thanks!

BaronOfStuff said:

If you can get your hands on Maximum Doom, then you'll have a lot of 'fun' with hundreds -- maybe even thousands -- of sub-par/shit-tastic WADs.

Get the D!Zone collection too and you'll never want to leave the house again!

ah, I have seen videos of these but not when I had this computer, I will finally play them, thanks!

oh, I got a bad megawad for you: Nazi Auferstehung from doom wad station, without knowing it won the worst wad award I played through all 32 shite maps that were done in something called slidge or sleidge or something like that, the maps layouts only change in boss battles, secret levels and the final level and what makes it worse is the texturing, nazi flags mutilated by doors and corridors, even worse: many of the things contained "weapons, enemies" are STOLEN 0.0!
the maps are made of crude nazi flags, and the secrets are the spawn rooms, want an example?