Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Bulgarian Politician Almost Assassinated(?)

Ahmed Dogan, a Bulgarian politician of Turkish descent was nearly assassinated. The assailant is identified as 25-year-old Oktai Enimehmedov, and he climbed on the stage and attempted to shoot him. However the gun he tried to used was a pepper spray gun and it is said that the shooting is a hoax.

Here are some news articles with more info:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/19/ahmed-dogan-assassination-attempt-photo-crazed-gunman_n_2511483.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2265805/Ahmed-Dogan-Was-assassination-attempt-Bulgarian-politician-hoax.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Here's a video with the footage:

Well done Dogan for reacting so quickly. Non-lethal weapon or not, pepper spray straight into the eyes is something one wants to avoid.

NiTROACTiVE said:

The assailant is identified as 25-year-old Oktai Enimehmedov, and he climbed on the stage and attempted to shoot him. However the gun he tried to used was a pepper spray gun and it is said that the shooting is a hoax.

Of the two articles you linked the one saying it was a pepper spray gun is Daily Mail. Guess which one I'd rather believe.

I heard somewhere that his gun was some kind of an airsoft gun/not a real gun and that the criminal wasn't aware of it.

I actually think this is kind of funny in a way. I bet that once the guy pulled the trigger he felt a giant "oh shit!" feeling just like the guy he was aiming the gun at.

DoomUK said:

Well done Dogan for reacting so quickly. Non-lethal weapon or not, pepper spray straight into the eyes is something one wants to avoid.

Looks like some Krav Maga shit.

DoomUK said:

Indeed, his reaction was pretty damned good actually. Shame that what happened over the next minute or so was such a disorganised tag-team kicking. Where were the security guards who should have been able to take him down and keep him down far less messily?

Enjay said:

Where were the security guards who should have been able to take him down and keep him down far less messily?

supposedly this was the first time the party didn't ask the police for securing their meeting, which is one of the reasons stated by the, uhm, conspirationists. my bulgarian colleague swiftly waves this away as a play act to rile up the turkish minority voters, because the party dropped from the governing coalition for the first time since the fall of communism.

I've heard that this was supposed to stop the guy from announcing his resignation at the meeting, which he did anyway.

Polish media mentioned it was a pepper spray or otherwise non-lethal gun too.