Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Two new maps released. (including my new city map)

Just released 2 new levels for Doom 2. One is a vast city map and the other is a simple bricks and metal map.

--------------------------------------------------------
THE GREAT URBAN BATTLE (Doom 2 / Boom Compatible)

The Great Urban Battle is the largest level for Doom2 I have ever made which is designed for a Boom compatible source port and has Boom features. After a long period of inactivity in Doom level designing I dug out Doom Builder and wanted to make a city level, the goal was to start in a subway, find all 6 keys in the city while battling against the invasion of hellspawn and then exit through an underground dungeon/mine leading to a fortress. Work started in October 2012 and it took almost 4 months alone to make. This vast map is one of the largest ever created for Doom 2 alone with over 1,000 monsters. Its not the most detailed level in the world, detail is slightly above average to id's maps. The map contains an all new original and whacky MP3 song for mapinfo ports plus a MIDI version (D_RUNNIN) of the song for non-mapinfo supporting ports. Expect to take well over 1 hour battling in this map, always watch your back and save often. The 18 secret areas are a huge help too. See if you can find them all?

Not yet uploaded to idgames.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.paulcorfiatis.com/pc_urban.zip (7.4 mb)

BOTERO'S MANSION (Doom 2 / Limit Removing)

The first of my 1996 tune-up maps. In July 1996 I made my first ever level for Doom2 using DoomCAD 5.1 which consisted of a big, simple room to room map. It was very poorly designed with typical newbie mistakes. Now over 16 years later I decided to touch up the map in Doom Builder. Botero's Mansion is a bricks and metal map for Doom 2, heavily modified and renovated from my first ever map and uses 100% stock textures. The whole map uses only 1 sector tag. Height variations are minimal in this map with a challenge equal to Doom2 itself. The map should work in Doom2.exe but I recommend a limit removing port as the map is quite detailed and you could possibly get VPO's.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.paulcorfiatis.com/pc_botro.zip and http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=17085 (165 kb)

Will be uploading "The Great Urban Battle" to idgames in the next few days.

Or should I rename it to "The Great Fight for Survival" :D

pcorf said:

Will be uploading "The Great Urban Battle" to idgames in the next few days.

Or should I rename it to "The Great Fight for Survival" :D

I think "The Great Urban Battle" has more of a ring to it personally. I love the look of those traffic lights btw, very creative.

Springy said:

I think "The Great Urban Battle" has more of a ring to it personally. I love the look of those traffic lights btw, very creative.

Thanks. The traffic lights were of course modified from the COMPSPAN texture. Enjoy the battle, and remember monsters can go inside the grey building with the bookshelves and staircase. You need to be careful as they can sneak back out. The map was designed to bring unexpected surprises.

Cool maps, sorry I didn't help much with the testing but there really wasn't much to complain about. :) I wonder if midi in Urban Battle was somewhat inspired by the Blade Runner end theme? I can hear some similarities.

Memfis said:

Cool maps, sorry I didn't help much with the testing but there really wasn't much to complain about. :) I wonder if midi in Urban Battle was somewhat inspired by the Blade Runner end theme? I can hear some similarities.

I spent hours testing the map myself and I think its all fine to me. Yeah the theme was inspired by Blade Runner for sure. A popular choice for 1990's wads. :D