Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

A glorious new screenshot from Doom 3: Phobos

I've been checking their ModDB page every day, ever since I first laid my eyes on this project. They never cease to amaze and I find it very sad how little attention they get. I also find it incredible how good IdTech 4 still looks after all these years, much better than a lot of modern console games!

One word: CACOWARD!

TheEndOfUs said:

Looks way better than vanilla Doom 3 from the sreenshots alone.

Agreed! While Doom 3 had amazing atmosphere for its time, it was limited because of its lack of variety. Mostly when it comes to color and lighting. This however shows how much better an otherwise good game could have been.

Vibrant colours in Doom3? Unpossible!!!1111one

Seriously, that's a nice shot and this project is the only reason that Doom3 is still on my HD sitting, waiting patiently. :)

It has to be said though, even though it is comparatively well lit, a mall lit like that in real life would be closed down by the health and safety department pretty damned quickly. ;)

Hey Phobos devs! What about opening a thread in the Doom 3 section where we can discuss the mod and post news?

DooM_RO said:

Hey Phobos devs! What about opening a thread in the Doom 3 section where we can discuss the mod and post news?

Hey, well that's open for anyone to do :)
I'm not sure the team should be doing that though.

kristus said:

Well, it has been invaded by Hell after all.

I assumed that was a pre-invasion area/shot. It looks relatively unscathed.

Enjay said:

I assumed that was a pre-invasion area/shot. It looks relatively unscathed.

I doubt it. The expansion taxes place after Doom 3 and beofre RoE.

Also, I might start a thread later this day where we can discuss it, share news and talk to the devs (if they feel like it).

It's a good screenshot but—well, let me put it this way, I thought front page news was meant to be more neutral..?

Now that users can submit their own stories, that rule is relaxed. There's nothing to extreme in this post, and he does not refer to himself as doing the work but refers to the project team. It follows the rules pretty much.

Also, let's face it, news is a bit scant these days. We takes what we can gets.