Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dialgaofpower

Jokewad: the most archviolent level you've ever seen

Okay, Time for my first jokewad, and my first wad ever:
THE MOST ARCHVIOLENT LEVEL YOUVE EVER SEEN!
This level is short, BUT HARD AS HECK! Even on the easiest difficulty, you WILL get your butt handed to you at least once! Every monster in the wad is an archvile! and all you get is a pistol and a plasma rifle. Here's the download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2kcr7fwm2ldreq4
Tell me how hard you think it is!

EDIT: link fixed.

I won't waste a second in forwarding this over to the bad wad addiction thread.

edit: okay, I'll lose 60 seconds...

Not so much as a chuckle, I'm afraid. Let me educate you a little.

A definition of a jokewad is pretty much a wad that makes you laugh or chuckle. There are numerous ways to do this:

-Silly level design. This is somewhat difficult to pull off, due to the fact that overdoing it will result in the player just dismissing the wad due to being too stupid.

-Satirical maps. This particlar one pokes fun at some of the events that were affecting the Doom community at the time, so it might not make sense to everyone. It's funny, nonetheless.

-Satirical maps Part 2. Another satire wad, designed to ridicule modern shooters. Definitely worth a laugh.

-Silly situations. The best thing to do is just play it for yourself. :P

It is very difficult to pull off a decent jokewad, but it's also quite rewarding. Hopefully this helps.

j4rio said:

^
you sure like wasting your time

inb4 hell

Exactly what made you think this post was a good idea, may I ask?

Dialgaofpower said:

I think tons of monsters should be a jokewad elememnt. Jokewads are sometimes made to waste people's time.

You're kind of describing slaughtermaps as well, just so you know. It's more about silly monster placement than tons of monsters usually (monsters stuck in other monsters and suchlike).

Dialgaofpower said:

Even on the easiest difficulty, you WILL get your butt handed to you at least once!

That's because you haven't implemented difficulty levels.

I think tons of monsters should be a jokewad elememnt.

It can be if there's some cheap or unusual way to kill them or render the hordes harmless, being provided with inadequate weaponry and no room to maneuver is just annoying.

The level is impossible to beat without cheat codes and I had to use IDFA and IDDQD to win the map. Seriously, this WAD was just crap.

One or two sectors with 10/20% damage with a plasma rifle and about a dozen arch-viles around the corner, not to mention Doomguy face is of BJ's from Wolfenstein 3D.

Obsidian said:

Exactly what made you think this post was a good idea, may I ask?

Your annoying obsession over replying to every single purposefully bad thing ever released.

NiTROACTiVE said:

The level is impossible to beat without cheat codes

I think it might be theoretically possible on 1st skill with TAS tools. Due to various bugs you can easily escape into void space by crossing linedefs 10 and 14 and then press the exit switch from the side. You'll just have to kill two arch-viles really quickly, which might be possible with some RNG manipulation.

This map is more complicated than it looks at first. :)

Mr. Chris said:

One or two sectors with 10/20% damage with a plasma rifle and about a dozen arch-viles around the corner, not to mention Doomguy face is of BJ's from Wolfenstein 3D.

No it isn't. That was just an extra WAD loaded in for the sake of having a different mugshot.

NiTROACTiVE said:

The level is impossible to beat without cheat codes and I had to use IDFA and IDDQD to win the map. Seriously, this WAD was just crap.

You should make a review of this crappy wad.

Guess what NOW? I'm planning on making a sequel in the from of a megawad! The monsters i'm looking for are more types of archviles like hellions or diabloists. In other words, more archviles. And 30 levels full of them. So, can I have some more archvile types?

Dialgaofpower said:

Guess what NOW? I'm planning on making a sequel in the from of a megawad! The monsters i'm looking for are more types of archviles like hellions or diabloists. In other words, more archviles. And 30 levels full of them. So, can I have some more archvile types?

By the looks of things, no-one liked this, so why bother making a sequel?

Eris Falling said:

what do you think :P

the ratio of attention-received to effort-expended was extremely high, so I could see it tempting for the author to make more of these. maybe the megawad will be 30x as popular!

I'm thinking of authoring some official-supreme-joke-ultra-shit-wad series since halfassed crap gains more attention here anyway, and I'm an attention whore. Thanks for guidance, OP!

Eris Falling said:

Many artists go unappreciated in their own time.