Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

Quick MUS question

Does MUS reset channel properties when it loops like MIDI 1.1 does? I ask because I have music tracks that fade in and out, and may not necessarily have the same volume from beginning to end.

I don't recall any MUS conversions I've made from many different MIDIs to get amputated or changed after looping, so it's likely.

While this doesn't directly answer the question, keep in mind that the vanilla executable is the only Doom engine which plays the MUS format directly. All existing ports, old or new, convert MUS to MIDI before it can be played.

Hmmm I didn't know that. So does that mean that it is counterproductive for me to get midi2mus.exe to convert midis to mus in a wad that is only intended to work in limit removing ports?

Basically -- everything else supports MIDI just fine. Heck, the original engine even plays them if they're below a certain size threshold. The only troubles I've ever had with MIDI is that Chocolate Doom won't play them correctly with OPL synth, though -- has that ever been reported, actually?