Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zinkai

lighting questions

quick noob question!

what doom mods can use dynamic lights? how would i go about making texture emit a light? how can i change the colour of the light being emitied?

i couldent find anything other than sector light changes like psx doom an that is not what i am after.

cheers

zinkai said:

quick noob question!

what doom mods can use dynamic lights? how would i go about making texture emit a light? how can i change the colour of the light being emitied?

i couldent find anything other than sector light changes like psx doom an that is not what i am after.

cheers

It depends on the port.

Doomsday and Risen3D are the only ports that have features for directly adding dlights to textures and flats. But you can fudge it in GZDoom by sticking a dlight mobj right next to a wall or on the floor.

All the mentioned ports have the ability to add dlights to mobjs.

well doomsday is a no go, felt to weird, it may have all the fancy stuff just did not feel like i was playing doom. i may have to just leave the colored lights an stick with the good old stuff

Thanks for the information, ill have a go I the morning an let you know how I get on. I am taking a stab an most prob gonna get it wrong

Opening scene of Phobia has dynamic lights used for fireflies.
Requires phobia.wad, DoomLegacy, with -opengl.

DoomLegacy with -opengl uses dynamic lights for lighting walls from fireballs and missiles. Don't remember any lights on textures.
Plenty of 3D floor ways of playing with the lights though.
Can have a 3D floor light that only lights the floor.

Get the latest version, 1.44 alpha4 (http://doomlegacy.sourceforge.net/).