Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spazman

Newsted

Probably my first post in a while, but one that seemed worthy of making.

Not sure how many have heard the news, but Metallica's old bassist ('87-'00, I think), Jason Newsted, just put out a new EP from his new band, entitled "Metal".

IMO, it sounds like he ripped the musical balls from Metallica, and placed them into this. (Kind-of a weird-ish way of explaining it)

here's a link to the video, for those interested. (Still don't exactly know how to use the youtube-embedding tags. If it comes up, it's all out of guessing.)

Also.. it kinda sounds (to me) like Motorhead.

Eh... here's the link. Looks like it'snot showing up...

http://youtu.be/4kRWwxCPyjw

TheSpazztikOne said:

IMO, it sounds like he ripped the musical balls from Metallica, and placed them into this. (Kind-of a weird-ish way of explaining it)

Extremely accurate nonetheless. I gave it a quick blast and it definitely sounds like what Metallica is missing in their music. Poor Jason, always getting his music compared to Metallica. :)

That is a really shit video :P

I quite like the tune of what they're doing (I'm getting that Kill 'Em All vibe too) but the sound is quite flat and unexciting. I'm not sure what I'd liken the sound I'd like to hear that tune played in to (if that makes any sense at all) but it needs a better singer, rather than some guy gurning and basically speaking the worlds and to have a bit more thump. Definitely prefer the (subjectively) better songs from Death Magnetic over this, like All Nightmare Long.

I've bought the 4-Song EP, and it seems that the other songs are a bit better than this.

IMO, maybe it's the video that made the music crappy to some ears. Music's made to be heard, not watched.

Even still, I like it. Of course there's better stuff, but this is better than most of what's out there. (Speaking in terms of other genres, not metal-wise.)