Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D00mfan

How do you use the Bestiary from the Realm667?

Whenever I try loading the monsters into GZdoom, they don't replace any of the enemies in the levels , I can only summon them.

That's because none of them have code to replace a monster in the decorate code. For example you would have actor grell replaces zombieman 5006 on the top line. Most of them I assume (well from what I've seen) don't use the replaces function.

EDIT (sorry forgot to tell you how you can do this): If you would like the monster to replace a monster in the game you can edit the code with a program such as Slade 3 or SlumpED here is a link to Slade 3 http://slade.mancubus.net/ and here's one for SlumpED http://slumped.mancubus.net/index.php?page=downloads bear in mind though Slade 3 is a more up-to-date SlumpED and the latter isn't updated anymore. Load the wad file into your chosen editor and edit the top line to include: replaces zombieman (or any monster of your choice).

The Realm667 monsters are mostly for mapmakers to use in their maps, so they don't usually replace the stock monsters. There are some wads out there that replace stock monsters and weapons fortunately: Scalliano's Realm667 Shuffle is probably your best bet.

Obsidian said:

The Realm667 monsters are mostly for mapmakers to use in their maps, so they don't usually replace the stock monsters. There are some wads out there that replace stock monsters and weapons fortunately: Scalliano's Realm667 Shuffle is probably your best bet.

I completely forgot about Scallianos' Shuffle Mod. Thanks for reminding me about that. It probably would've been easier to have mentioned that instead of just me thinking the beginner's decorate way.

Springy said:

I completely forgot about Scallianos' Shuffle Mod. Thanks for reminding me about that. It probably would've been easier to have mentioned that instead of just me thinking the beginner's decorate way.

That's getting an update soon, BTW ;)

scalliano said:

That's getting an update soon, BTW ;)

:D

I look forward to this.