Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xfing

Health and armor can go over 200 in gzdoom

Which option to use to restore the cap? It's fun running around with 210% health, but this somehow doesn't seem fair to me.

What WAD did you play?
The cap depends on the definitions for the armor and health items so if something changes them there is no way to artificially reset the max values.

Oh. Didn't think it could be. Looks like it took playing an easier wad to let my health get high enough to notice.

EDIT: You can only go over 200 with potions and helmets, and it seems like this was the makers' intention all along, but somehow failed in implementation.

It was my intention sir, sorry if it confused you. I added that as so health/armor bonuses could be picked up and used if you were at max stats (%200) so that they wouldn't be wasted as they are part of the overall item score for the level, so they're kind of necessary if your going for %100 level completion.

At least, that's my logic on it.

BlueFireZ88 said:

It was my intention sir, sorry if it confused you. I added that as so health/armor bonuses could be picked up and used if you were at max stats (%200) so that they wouldn't be wasted as they are part of the overall item score for the level, so they're kind of necessary if your going for %100 level completion.

At least, that's my logic on it.

I was referring to the makers of the actual game! I got the impression (from the game manual at least) that this is the way things were supposed to be originally. They must have removed this feature later. However if memory serves, you can normally still pick up the potions and helmets if you're at 200 - they'll disappear anyway.

Hey, I just to have them have a use regardless. That's all. I've honestly never had a situation where I was above %200 health for long periods of time. It helped, but I've never been able to get to %300 without cheating (especially on higher difficulty levels).

I was wondering if that was a bug or something you chose to implement, along with the guns dropped by zombies having double ammo (yet the zombiemen still drop the usual 5 ammo clips..)

The thing going over 200% really doesnt make that much difference, unless you find like a million of them, it just goes RIGHT back down, real fast