Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Raptomex

GZDoom gameplay options question

Is there a way to permanently enable gameplay options? For example in GZDoom and ScoreDoom I want set "Allow Freelook" to "No". With my settings this will allow me to aim left and right with the mouse but not up and down. Anyway, I set it to "No", play the game, exit the game, start it up again and the setting has reverted back to "Yes".

While it shouldn't be necessary, you could try editing the .ini file. Search for freelook= and change it from true to false. If the setting's still enabled, the problem might have to do with where you've installed GZDoom and ScoreDoom.

Go to "mouse options" instead. Gameplay options are for overrides and they aren't saved.

I've tried editing the ini file with no luck and if I turn off mouselook in the mouse options then for some reason you will end up moving forward and back with the mouse. I just want to look left and right with the mouse and move with the keys, nothing more.

Blue Shadow said:

Try setting "Forward/Backward Speed" option to 0 (this is in mouse options).

Still moves forward and backwards.

kristus said:

Set mouselook speed to 0

That finally worked in GZDoom in addition to everything else. Just not ScoreDoom. I'll try comparing options.

Any way to have this same effect with a controller, but only for Doom? I want freelook to remain in Heretic and so on, where it was part of the base game, but not Doom.