Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

doom.wrong.button.com - weekly update!

Hello all. The deed is done. Here's the damage I've done:

-The wads from ftp.cdrom.com are gone. They were taking up over a gig. I was sick of running out of space on my FTP drive. Plus, with ftp.cdrom.com back up, there's really no point in keeping it. By the way, if ftp.cdrom.com ever goes down again, you'll find the files back on the site. That's a promise.

-As predicted, the weekly toons are up. No Beast Machines this week. Why? Because there are only 3 eps left, and next week there will also be 3 eps left of Beast Wars, and I wanna end them on the same week. After that, what toons will I be putting up? Maybe X-Men, I'm working on getting them now. And since I just got all of the eps of Transformers in generation 1, in DIVX for the eps that aren't in those small, perfect rm files (trust me, they're better quality than the divx ones), I may be putting up the original series after I'm done with Season 3, starting in 2 weeks.

-So why the wait for Season 3? 1 good reason. TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE IS UP! It'll be up for the next 2 weeks, so you guys have the time to pick it up. It is quite a download (366 megs) but the quality is almost perfect. I thought of putting the REMASTERED DVD rip up, but at a full cd, it's just too big. (I hear that all the time.) But this one looks perfect and the exact same as the original VHS version.

Not sure what to do with the extra space right now. My mind is reeling with ideas (amoung other things). I'll talk to you all later. Enjoy!

When I upgrade, I'll have MUCH more HD space. No money tho. In a few months, when I have money. I wanna rip all of my toons I have on tape! I can't wait!

Oh... jeeze, and I'm using 3 40-GB hard drives for an elbow rest here... what irony.

/me pours pepper in the would by pointing out that I emptied the contents of a 30GB hard into the trash just to get the magnets out. Then I found out they sucked so I threw the magnets in the trash too.

Hahah, you suck. The magnets I got are SO fucking powerful that they broke in 4 pieces after 10 or 15 impacts. I smashed my fingers roughly 75 times so far...

Heh, I had an old 20MB hard drive I took apart. You shoulda seen the magnets in that thing, they were the most powerful magnet's I'd ever seen. There were 4, so I kept two and had two on loan to other people. We brought them to school and wrecked havoc - some guy walked past a row of computers in the computer lab and all the screens got sucked out of position and were all green and red and stuff. Then we gave them to a teacher and he kept getting his hands caught in them when they'd snap together, he was bleeding all over after a few minutes They were also fun to throw on filing cabinets and stuff, it would be the middle of a class and then all of a sudden "KU-CHANK!!" - but it kinda sucked cause you'd sit down and your shirt pocket or jeans pocket wouldn't be enough to keep them from sticking to the metal on the desks, and then you'd try and look inconspicuous...

Unfortunately I lost those. I've taken apart some other hard drives to get magnets, but they're all these dinky things now. You'd think they'd be stronger nowadays.

Yeah, I have a friend with 2 of those magnets, from a 100MB harddrive I believe. Needless to say, they scare me...

I wonder how many weeks those monitors looked like that. I tested mine with a really crappy one and got a nice purple splotch in the corner of the thing for like 5 days.