Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tristan

3 new Star Wars films not enough? Well, have some more!

Where do you stand on this matter?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand on this matter?

• Yes! I love Star Warz, I want more films!!!!!111
    • Completely unnecessary, talk about milking it for all it's worth.
    • Meh, I don't care either way.

You're assuming people can't simply be fans of Star Wars, therefore glad that new movies are being made for them. Until the producers jump the shark, I see nothing to be angry about.

printz said:

You're assuming people can't simply be fans of Star Wars, therefore glad that new movies are being made for them. Until the producers jump the shark, I see nothing to be angry about.

Another thing to keep in mind is that these movies will come out over a long period of time.

They aren't going to turn Star Wars into the CoD of movies.

Not surprising I guess. Disney are understandably wanting to get their money's worth from such a large acquisition. As long as that doesn't dilute the quality of what they come out with then I'm happy.

How many Star Trek movies have been made exactly? I think Star Wars is kinda going that way.

Also I'm not really invested in the Star Wars franchise outside of the classic PC games. (By which I mean Dark Forces, X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing Alliance.) If they make new Star Wars movies that are really good, I'll probably watch them eventually. If they make new Star Wars movies that suck, I won't watch them. Very straightforward, really.

sucks, john carter did.

prepare your incontience pads for jedi mouse and (dare i hope, nay, dream) a kingdom hearts / star wars / bieber cross platform extravaganza!

I'm all for standalone Star Wars films, especially if it's pre-New Republic. But Yoda doesn't need his own fucking movie.

In fairness, it'd be pretty difficult for them to be worse than the prequel trilogy. Not that that level of incompetence isn't still entirely possible, of course, but the odds are in their favor here at least.

JJ Abrams directing Star Wars and Star Trek. Funny thing watching Star Trek DVD commentary he said his first task was how do we make Star Trek more like Star Wars?

My say is that there's enough content written in the novels of the Expanded Universe to fit at least two more trilogies (at least 6 more movies).
That's what I say.

I think the upcoming movies will be as bad as the 3 Star Wars movies episode 1 till 3. I am happy with this original trilogy (episode 4,5,6! I can't understand the negative criticisms. The movies work well on a normal/typical plasma TV), but I hate the Star Wars episodes 1-3. There don't need to be more bad movies!

Do we really need this?

We didn't really need Star Wars at all. It never brought about world peace, cured cancer, or furthered our campaign of unraveling the mysteries of the universe in a constructive or meaningful way.

The prequel trilogy were bad films. We certainly don't need more movies that aren't even well-made or charming. But like others have said, it's far too early to make any judgments.

Im not against any new movies, but im really not that excited either.

The original 3 were cool and still stand up to time, but the 3 new films (episodes 1,2 & 3) were not good! They were watchable, but I have never gone back to watch them again or even had the mood to want to watch them again.

I much prefere the games that came from Star Wars, X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Jedi Knight etc

The Star Wars universe is cool to mess about in, but I also think in many ways the Mass Effect universe is much more mature and 'modern' and am looking forward to more games in that universe.

bcwood16 said:

The Star Wars universe is cool to mess about in, but I also think in many ways the Mass Effect universe is much more mature and 'modern' and am looking forward to more games in that universe.

I was a HUGE Mass Effect fan until Nr.3 was released, which basically destroyed the franchise for me.

I will admit that I haven't played the game again with the "expanded ending", but I just don't care. The Mass Effect 3 ending killed Mass Effect for me.

188DarkRevived said:

My say is that there's enough content written in the novels of the Expanded Universe to fit at least two more trilogies (at least 6 more movies).
That's what I say.

They've already said it's going to be an original story.

So sadly, a movie of the X-Wing series is out the door =[

I'm a big Star Wars fan and I'll certainly hold off judgement until I see it/them but even I currently have a feeling of perhaps enough is enough.

However, I'm quite happy that they are not pulling stories from the EU.

188DarkRevived said:

I don't understand why others would be celebrating this news. :/

Well, I'm happy that they are not using stuff from the EU because, IMO, the EU is almost universally shit fanboy wank-fest material. Kyle Katarn? Meh, I can take him or leave him. I like the games but he's not a particularly stand-out character IMO.

188DarkRevived said:

DAMN!!! I'm saddened that Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors won't be showing up. :(

They might be (wouldn't bet on it.) They said an original story, not that they're excluding any EU characters.

Enjay said:

Well, I'm happy that they are not using stuff from the EU because, IMO, the EU is almost universally shit fanboy wank-fest material.

I would humbly disagree. There are plenty of iffy to horrid things in the EU (for books off the top of my head, darksaber, death star, anything that happened after the vong war) but there were also some pretty well written books. Further, it goes beyond just the book series. There's stuff like comics, game plots (Shadows of the Empire game, book, and comic tie-in were all fantastic in my opinion) and more. Even little side gems such as Twin Engines of Destruction one-shot comic.

Enjay said:

Kyle Katarn? Meh, I can take him or leave him. I like the games but he's not a particularly stand-out character IMO.

I'm possibly the biggest fangirl for the dark forces (one particularly) series, but even I can agree he's pretty bland. He works as a video game protagonist, but not as a character really in other regards.

bcwood16 said:

Whats EU ?

Extended Universe ?

Soz if im being thick!

Yes. essentially; anything that's not in the six core movies (errr 7 if you count that clone wars movie/cartoon, though I try to forget that film)