Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Brutal Doom version 18a

Technician said:

Wait, people actually took offense at the intense violence of Brutal Doom?

HAHA OH MY LAWD!

Wait, a doom fan actually cares about violence? OH MY LAWD!

You sound like the idiots who said that the original doom was a mass murder simulator.

Technician said:

Would it best if Mark's wads were removed from the archive and his title be changed to worse than Hitler? Because that would be BrĂ¼tal.

Aren't Eric Harris's wads still in the archive? Strange that you would remove Mark's wads but keep the wads of a REAL mass murderer.

mrthejoshmon said:

being honest, I would have made the demons crawl towards the player, like the zombies from half life, keep trying to kill you and mutilate you from the shins up!

I actually thought they were trying to attack me. Now I don't feel like such a big man for managing to melee them without taking damage. :(

doom_is_great said:

Aren't Eric Harris's wads still in the archive? Strange that you would remove Mark's wads but keep the wads of a REAL mass murderer.

Nope, they're banned from archives. His death wasn't enough to avoid the ultimate punishment.

Oh, and one of his wads was adding extra gore to monsters, so... watch out.

Technician said:

worse than Hitler?.

I don't think I need to say anything after pointing out: Mark: made a kick ass (with 1 line of code being offensive even though terry's shit is 4X more offensive) wad. Hitler: had 6,000,000+ Jews killed, caused WW2, caused millions upon millions of deaths...
huge contrast with a bigger difference, the people who deliberately offend are not referred to as Hitler, so why should he?

mrthejoshmon said:

I don't think I need to say anything after pointing out: Mark: made a kick ass (with 1 line of code being offensive even though terry's shit is 4X more offensive) wad. Hitler: had 6,000,000+ Jews killed, caused WW2, caused millions upon millions of deaths...
huge contrast with a bigger difference, the people who deliberately offend are not referred to as Hitler, so why should he?

Yes.

Technician said:

Yes.

I think you've missed the meme where the use of worse than Hitler is an exaggeration on the person that has raised controversy.

His lame nigger joke does not deserve this kind of SJ attention.

Scypek2 said:

Nope, they're banned from archives. His death wasn't enough to avoid the ultimate punishment.

You sure?

Technician said:

His lame nigger joke does not deserve this kind of SJ attention.

then why are you giving it? I am a fan of Mark's work, I could not care less if there was subliminal messages in it, I do not feel like killing real people, I do not care about racist jokes, if they do not influence my gameplay, then they are not of my worries. also I am not offended by racism, I prefer dry, sarcastic, British humor.

mrthejoshmon said:

Actually, Hitler hasn't killed anyone personally.

Except himself.

j4rio said:

Actually, Hitler hasn't killed anyone personally.

Except himself.

I never said Hitler killed people, I only said he had them killed and caused many deaths.

Technician said:

You sure?

Yep. You can download it from the 10 Most Infamous Wads list, and there's a note from Cyb saying that it'll be automatically removed should someone try submit it to the archives.

Also, I believe there's the odd Terrywad that uses the alternate gory deaths from the Eric Harris wads. Now that's tasteless.

Obsidian said:

I believe there's the odd Terrywad that uses the alternate gory deaths from the Eric Harris wads. Now that's tasteless.

Tastelessly shit.

Obsidian said:

and there's a note from Cyb saying that it'll be automatically removed should someone try submit it to the archives

Nope. The note says that Cyb will request its removal (oh, how scary!!) but whether Ty will indeed remove it or not is another question.

edit: aww - http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/REJECTS

Rejected station.txt because: no wads by Eric Harris

I love how pointing out that Sgt Mark IV has a history of doing this kind of tasteless crap (see Real Gore), being an asshat about it (see his reaction to Brutal Strife criticism), and is adding more and more realistically gory deaths instead of over the top and cheesy deaths (moving it away from the 90s cheese it strives to be) suddenly means we're offended by the violence. I know I'm not, I'd prefer it with more violence preferably of the more ridiculous nature. Like the idea that someone posted about the Hellspawn still trying to kill you while they are clearly fatally injured.

I'm just pointing out that finding a joke like that in the code is just par for the course. It's like if a new Mel Gibson racist rant came out, it wouldn't shock you. I don't personally find it offensive but there are people who do and if Sgt Mark IV wants to put that shit in fine, but I'd rather he have the balls to either leave it in and tell people to get over it or remove it by request but not bother apologizing for something he's clearly not sorry for.

The mod itself is a novelty that I found fun for about 2 minutes before switching back to real Doom. The modder? An idiot. Anyone who tries to justify a rape joke by passing it off as a Valentine's Day joke has to be. I'm not shocked or offended by it or the racist joke, as I've made plenty of those in my day (back in high school, mostly). Both can be made funny in the right context. This isn't it. It's completely tasteless and, to be honest, the opposite of funny.

All of this really just reaffirms my belief that this mod was made with a target audience of 12-14 year-olds douchebags.

Just my 2 cents on the whole matter. Back to not caring, now.

Man, you guys can be cool one minute and then ranting and raving over stupid shit (error I see on both parties' parts) the next. Do I need to go get a box of tampons? FFS.

Anyways, I support (john's?) idea of monsters still attacking you, albeit not as deadly when they are fatally wounded. Like Tarn said,

90's cheesy gore > Realistic gore, in this mod's case.

Makes me wonder how all this righteous zeal is miraculously kept in check whenever impse is posted on its bi-weekly basis.

Anyway, I agree with you and pretty much everyone on the cheesy gore. If it smells it sells. Bring on tha cheddah! :D

schwerpunk said:

Makes me wonder how all this righteous zeal is miraculously kept in check whenever impse is posted on its bi-weekly basis.

Wait... a white marine is raping a black imp. Scuba needs to be called out on this shit!

Technician said:

Wait... a white marine is raping a blackbrown imp. Scuba needs to be called out on this shit!

FTFY

Mr. Chris said:

Blah..

Now people are bashing for the sake of bashing..

._.

I could just bring up that the official page promoting Brutal Doom was hosting links to copyrighted (NOT FREEWARE) videogames to run the author's mod.

*STILL POINTS PEOPLE TOWARDS WAREZ - DON'T POST AGAIN*

Edit: aha, yeah, mod, i'm sorry about that. posted censored link.:3

for those not knowing, that's a warez link.

schwerpunk said:

Imps aren't really people though, and nor were they originally people like zombies. They're just big thorny animals.

Snakes said:

All of this really just reaffirms my belief that this mod was made with a target audience of 12-14 year-olds douchebags.

Only 1 out of every 10 BD players is an underage. And this image reaffirms my belief that you shouldn't act like "You shouldn't like what I don't like", and shut the fuck up.

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

And this image reaffirms my belief that you shouldn't act like "You shouldn't like what I don't like", and shut the fuck up.

why are you doing this to your reputation? why are you so obsessed about coming off as a massive, unrelenting, racist, totally self-absorbed little CUNT?

flash edit: i don't really understand you. at one hand you admit you went over the line, you agreed that it was appropriate for the zanzan people to remove all your BD links until you edited out your retarded little joke from the BD code... but then instead of acting meek (AT LEAST until this shit blows over) you jump into people's faces for bringing it up. that ego of yours will be your downfall.

dew said:

why are you doing this to your reputation? why are you so obsessed about coming off as a massive, unrelenting, racist, totally self-absorbed little CUNT?

I just responded to his offense, and I am a cunt for doing this? You are really intelligent, aren't ya?