Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Brutal Doom version 18a

It doesn't really offend me because I'm surrounded by much worse racism with the intention of inciting violence at myself, I even have a president who sings songs about me being a pink skin pig who needs to get shot. Still a very retarded and unnecessary thing to put in a wad that isn't a Terry wad, as if it's not going to get found out..

DeathevokatioN said:

Still a very retarded and unnecessary thing to put in a wad that isn't a Terry wad, as if it's not going to get found out..

Please tell me you're taking a jab at Randall Terry.

Looks good. Enemies rolling to evade rockets works. Not a huge fan on the new rifle ironsights, but that's what mutators are for.

From Zandronum thread
"Listen up everyone, a user have spotted a very annoying bug with liquid surfaces not working at all. I have removed the link at Moddb, v18a is on the works. Won't take long. Be patient. "

So we wait a bit.

You need to use a Brutal Doom version that is as old as your ZDoom version.

Alright, just tried out V0.18 for GZDoom 1.7.1 and so far I love it, except for one thing:
THE SOUNDS FOR THE SHOTGUNS AND MINIGUN ARE FAR TOO LOUD.
I've had to turn down the volume so far I can barely hear anything else, just to preserve my ears. I know you worked hard to put this together, and I do love all the new stuff you put in (especially the fatalities). All I ask is that the sounds for the guns go back to what they were in V0.17. I had no problem with them then.

Eris Falling said:

Urgh...A ZDoom issue I imagine

Which version of GZDoom are you using? V0.18 is meant for version 1.7.0, which came out last Christmas.

Unfortunately, my laptop's graphics card is a hunk of shit (thank you Intel).
Been getting away with ZDoom 2.6.1 for a while, but BD has outrun me.

It may be - although unlikely to be a problem judging by my anti-GL - the Zandronum version though, as I surmise from this note in the textfile.

Edited a line in the Railgun's code which I suspect that was causing the bug of unable to cycle weapons when it gets out of ammo.

I just read the changelog, and it appears that both got merged into one (good thing!). Have you tried the latest SVN?

Meanwhile, a quick test makes me want to note some oddities.

- AR Sound is pretty much mute compared to its other guns, why is that?
- RL has a delayed explosion sound?
- Revenant launcher appears to fire lower that it used to.

Anyway, I'll be getting around to updating the modified Blue Shadow HUD to version 3 to accommodate the new versions of BD and Samsara.

The ZDoom codebase in GZDoom 1.7.0 is much newer than ZDoom 2.6.1. If you want to play BD 18 in ZDoom, grab an SVN build.

I am pissed, zandronum refuses the idea of fraps and GZdoom murders my computer! I will just do vids on v17 and play v18a on zandronum.
anyway the mod is actually absolutely brilliant! (heck, I might even start arachnotron football as a sport!)
I do love the grenade launcher, but that might just be my idea of sick fun.

The Arch-vile's leg chunks when you blow him in pieces (SSG?) is solid and can cause obstructions, particularly in low ceiling rooms or hallways.

Raptomex said:

Excellent. Fantastic once again. You should add a brutal hud at some point.

Yea, I've always considered the concrete texture to be out of place. Maybe something more Sci-Fi? More animations for the status bar face would be cool too.

DooM_RO said:

Yea, I've always considered the concrete texture to be out of place. Maybe something more Sci-Fi? More animations for the status bar face would be cool too.

Sarge made a simple HUD not too long ago that doesn't have the concrete texture, relatively simple and non cluttered HUD if that will help you http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35433

I'd recomment either removing or adding a toggle option for removing the revenant/mancubus weapons with a chainsaw...sure, it adds realism and all that, but I'd rather have the monsters directly drop their weapons than wasting 5+ seconds every time I want to refill on ammo.