Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Retog: Your screenshots are broken.

Anyway, here's my FDA. Not a bad looking map, overall, even if it is a bit boxy for my tastes. Also, I didn't really feel the need to fight most of the monsters, and ended up speeding through most of the map.

Doors were a little bland, placed flush with the wall like that. Fun traps, though.

As for Abatamite, would receive a weak 4/5 from me if posted for /idgames in this format. The problems are the same for me as the ones mentioned. The real problem is that it should've not been posted in this thread, not even in this forum. Just saying...
Ooops, joined to the off, moi aussi. Better not next time. Let's see some more screen0rz!

Scypek2 said:

Screens 2-4 feel more like doom1, though.

Was trying to avoid that. :P
Thanks for the feedback anyway.

C30N9 said:

Was trying to avoid that. :P

Better luck next time! That 3rd screenshot could have been part of the E1M1 beta aswell. Try to add more D2, otherwise looks good ;-)

Cell said:

Better luck next time! That 3rd screenshot could have been part of the E1M1 beta aswell. Try to add more D2, otherwise looks good ;-)

LigH said:

Green, green, green ... like in Plutonia?

Might be something else. How ironic that I'm listening to Plutonia2 music right now.

schwerpunk: The level textures were done with no filtering in mind, same res as in Doom. The current model texture style is meant to be filtered... So, I think I should at least remove some noise from the level textures...

C30N9: I got a Waste Tunnels/Gantlet vibe from them. Oh, you changed the TEKWALL.. I liked it. You could add some TEKWALL details into that area then.

Whoo: That looks pretty cool.

--

Some changes to the player model. Fewer polys, bigger eyes, some thingys in the back. I think the previous details made it look too ordinary and that the different parts should have been connected together. The second pic shows some mockup colors that could be when it gets damaged or the team colors. But it probably is confusing if players and monsters get these same colors to show their health status, and if there were any player team colors with these colors. So I'm still a bit unsure how/if I should do the damage textures.

schwerpunk said:

Retog: Your screenshots are broken.

Anyway, here's my FDA. Not a bad looking map, overall, even if it is a bit boxy for my tastes. Also, I didn't really feel the need to fight most of the monsters, and ended up speeding through most of the map.

Doors were a little bland, placed flush with the wall like that. Fun traps, though.

(empty) said:

A bit bland and barren, and you can jog past most of the fights. The Specter charge especially feels a bit pointless.

Thanks for the feedback guys but any tips on fixing the screenshots?

Retog said:

Thanks for the feedback guys but any tips on fixing the screenshots?

Use imgur instead of Imageshack.

mk3Howitzer: You may want to change the floor texture on the border/fence sectors to something darker to match the lower textures. Maybe also change on those other floor details.

Tango: Reminds me a bit of the starting area of Unholy Cathedral, except this one looks better and more interesting.