Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
levir

megawads.com

So I posted a while back about working on a doom site mainly for housing the best of the best megawads. Forum users were kind and generous and gave me two links with all that I needed to keep me occupied for quite a while finding informative texts, linking to downloads, and taking screenshots. now that I'm back in the doom mode of thinking I'm working on my site, and I bought megawads.com to kind of house the main index loading my website's doom site in an iframe. It's a freehostia site so it's dirt cheap and I only get a little bit of space. Anyways I was wanting some generous minds to help me out again...

This time I need "DOOM STUFF" basically, stuff such as the unreleased midis that didn't make the doom cutting floor (I have those already), behind the scenes videos of the making of doom (i lost that link), and basically all of the cool stuff that's doom related that didn't make the 'page of id'. Everything! What I'm working on is an all-things doom site for newcomers and veterans to the scene, not meant to outdo or overtake any of the other respectable doom sites, but to function as the best "stuff" website to their members. You can also say I'm just bored and love doom. I would even take a lengthy list of just links, preferably not broken ones, of doom sites from modern day, doom user websites, doom project websites, anything!!! Load me up we'll make a doom site together!

The website menu is functional with mostly nonfunctional pages, but that's soon to change.

Edit: Massive forums index tonight! w00t!

EDIT2: Also this is for fun completely, as doom should be, and I'm out $10 if I don't make it, and still out $10 if I do unless I post an ad on the bottom or something, but this could hopefully become a collaborative effort with a very large forums system (topicwise) and best visually-stimulating collection of all of the megawads on the two links and more, and who knows what else, a gallery to post whatever photos you want semi-doom-related that aren't too adult? (unless funny) This is to practice and get my web design skills back to my norm, as I'm going back to college soon for web design so I can learn all of the strenuous hardcoding. When done, this is one of the sites I'd want to supe up with skill.

Edit 3: Yes I made the infamous Nightmares of Loki back in '99. It's 2013, my skills aren't obviously to be the next big doom level designer but I do want to do music for some big projects someday... and of course make this site.

that was in 1999 lol in high school. it's been a while since. I've made levels and planned a few megawads since I just got hellfire for that one. I had just got hexen so I tried making hubs in doom, that's pretty much all that was. A when-I'm-not-doing-anything-else thing I did that I improved since. The whole colorful hallucinagenic part wasn't until right before I decided to release it and when I released it it was just to makeway for another game that I ended up not finishing. Loki was in avengers, so it's popular now. So I randomly generated some alien names and finally settled on Levir. Mildly creepy but it starts with an L as a bonus. I've got like a mesh-up m night shylaman (in his good days) mix with characters derived from that idea and I'm thinking about actually writing the book and seeing if I can get it published, and making it more serious. I personally liked the colors of NOL but also hated the gameplay and myself didn't sit through many of the levels even after I finished it. Also I wasn't a big fan of doom after a while back then anymore until source ports came to play.

I'm afraid I'll never live that down lol

I had more fun making it than anyone had playing it, and that's all that matters when you're not intending on releasing it :D

But that's what happens when you work solo on something until way beyond the point of exhaustion with it and push to finish it only because you're determined to have something reviewed.

Your site mentions that 2sectors.wad actually uses more than 2 sectors in each map. I checked and that seems to be incorrect: there are some line tricks in a bunch of maps, but they all only use 2 actual sectors.

I have a long way to go on the megawads section, I'm going to start the forums tonight with every possible one I can think up for playing and editing

i'll stick it in the book to be done when I make my next rounds, probably the A's

hell I'm home sick, might as well do that tonight too

oh yeah forgot to mention, the "my levels" part will become "forums".
it'll probably swap places with something on the left menu too. none of my crap will infest this site so no worries lol

I'll have a section for users to post a small single-file homepage that links from outside sources just for the appearance of being on a main doom server, as part of the community. I can also host anything no matter how large by setting up ftp accounts on jerrylehr.com then iframing them from a megawads.com html page.

If this ends up doing well and people start contributing to the forums and galleries and everything and wanting more, I'll definitely work to make it well worth the while in doing so by writing future scripts after college to actually host your own site and wads being worked on with unlimited space. Maybe even email accounts... (I'll just buy another brainhost account, they're unlimited everything, and I'll transfer the site), and I'm welcome to any ideas at that point. Now I'm just making filler.

UPDATE: page uploaded with a few changes and a forum system started, but I haven't searched for the 3 hours megawad yet, it's written down though.

haha sorry guys! I gradually got sick as shit during the course of today and I ended up posting a very unfinished site with the intent of generosity and whatnot in obtaining filler. I shall return from my rock in months with a more finished site offering space to store wads, homepages, and whatnot. But...

Let me rephrase the question: There was a behind-the-scenes video on the making of Doom posted on Doomworld months ago. It may have been newdoom but I'm assuming most people go back and forth. Does anyone have a link to this video? or any other behind the scenes Doom videos or E3 videos. I do have the E3 video showing the unveiling of Doom 3 on a MiniCDR in the basement, which I'll happily add but I really want to see the behind-the-scenes video.