Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Stomper demos [-complevel 9]

Stomper is a unfinished megawad (the author quit mapping) but it has more than 20 completed maps of the most excellent quality that could use some demo attention.

Here is MAP02 UV-Max in 2:51

Mod edit: 3 other attachments can be found here. I found it difficult to split/merge those without breaking the flow of discussion.

sp02-251.zip

Map02 UV Speed in 1:04, please read the text file that will describe why I am really annoyed. For those who don't, to put it simply, I got a 1:02 that I recorded last night, it corrupted and I recorded over it.

stomp02-uvs.zip

Pirx said:

beautiful wad, what a shame it was not finished.

Absolutely agree! NMN Paul is a great mapper, try out Haze if you ever get a chance, I mentioned about it before I do believe.

Here's a Map03, Pacifist run in 0:31.

I think I may do some TAS runs soon I've known about SR-50 and how to enable it for quite some time but was wondering if anyone knew how to enable slow motion? Please.

stomp03p031.zip

Hm, I would strongly encourage to try more normal (non-assisted) runs first; especially things like your fistful demo, I mean: something not done before. My first TAS came after 1 year of recording and still it was quite underwhelming (I mean that long Tyson).

vdgg said:

Hm, I would strongly encourage to try more normal (non-assisted) runs first; especially things like your fistful demo, I mean: something not done before. My first TAS came after 1 year of recording and still it was still quite underwhelming (I mean that long Tyson).

Okay, thanks for the tips. I will at some point improve that fistful demo as I am not 100% happy with it. That's my demos for this week expect roughly the same amount next week possibly hopefully my runs will improve. I thought it would be easy in some aspects to speed run well due to playing on UV for a long time but it's a lot more difficult than I thought for some map sets and I've played a lot of map sets.

stomper
stomperunfinished.wad
https://www.dsdarchive.com/wads/stomper

I know I don't need to add the above, but it's habit....

MAP02    NoMo          :08.29    stomp02o829.zip
MAP02    UV Pacifist    :09.37    stomp02p937.zip
MAP02    NM Speed    :11.26    stomp02n1126.zip
MAP02    Stroller    :15.46    stomp02str1546.zip
MAP03    NoMo          :21.34    stomp03o2134.zip
MAP03    UV Pacifist    :22.69    stomp03p2269.zip
MAP03    NM Speed    :23.46    stomp03n2346.zip
MAP03    Stroller    :43.89    stomp03str4389.zip
MAP04    NoMo          :34.11    stomp04o3411.zip