Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tatsurd-cacocaco

TAS (tools-assisted) demos

Aliens TC UV Speed episode run in 11:55 TAS because it uses the -recordfromto parameter. EDIT: Uses a fixed version of the file at http://www.doomwadstation.com/main/aliens.html I was informed it was marked under original. I ballsed up the boss fight though due to lack of ammo but managed it anyway. ANOTHER EDIT: The reason for complevel 9 is in the text file, I forgot to change the complevel from a previous run and only realised half way through completing. I might reupload with all the other demos used. I used -recordfromto at intermissions so if anyone would like the other demo's I'll put them in on request.

atcers1155.zip

Springy said:

uses SR-50

Just to avoid anyone getting the wrong impression from this, strafe-50 is a completely normal (and important) part of regular Doom speedrunning.

It's only the automation of it that is a TAS feature, or any use of it while turning that is impossible with the original game (or without enabling this "super-TAS" option in a port that offers it).

Grazza said:

Just to avoid anyone getting the wrong impression from this, strafe-50 is a completely normal (and important) part of regular Doom speedrunning.

It's only the automation of it that is a TAS feature, or any use of it while turning that is impossible with the original game (or without enabling this "super-TAS" option in a port that offers it).

Sorry, I meant automated I don't have a bind for regular SR-50 on my config yet I haven't used regular SR-50 since ST went down.

Plutonia Revisited map 13 nomo in 0:10 extremely disappointed with this. First exit like the majority of my demos but this one is for a valid reason, I could never get that exit jump right.

pr13tao010.zip

Springy said quite a number of times:
optimise

You'd be better off using the word "improve". In speedrunning circles, the term "optimize" is generally used very cautiously, and specifically to mean "recording the theoretically fastest time". Even when people are sure they have done so, they tend to be careful with "the o word" because, to use two well-worn speedrunning clichés, "you never know what tomorrow brings" and "it can always be done faster". Though Kristian was on safe ground when he declared a 0:00 demo to be optimal.

Springy said:

3hafinal map 01 -nomonsters in 0:21 more or less recorded out of boredom couldn't optimise below 0:21 for some reason.

Don't know if you saw it already, but I uploaded an unassisted 0:20 demo in the Nomonsters speedrunning thread (if you're interested).

4shockblast said:

Don't know if you saw it already, but I uploaded an unassisted 0:20 demo in the Nomonsters speedrunning thread (if you're interested).

I just noticed that I'll give that a watch soon so thank you. Thanks for clearing that up Grazza, I'll use the word improve in future but I'll not be recording TAS until I've improved (I still need to improve my Aliens TC one which I'm half way through). Thanks guys.

Artica map 01 UV Speed built I assume is the term. I used -recordfromto when I reached the door at the end of the hell knight room. I was trying a regular run but couldn't get the arch vile in the room or perform the jump in the red key part (and when it managed that once in a regular run I went straight into a spectre). I will work on a regular run. Time is 1:57.

Included is a demo of an arch vile causing itself damage this has only happened to me once before so it was nice to get that on demo.

art01s157.zip

This is definitely my last TAS demo for a while (I should start just performing normal episode runs). E4M1-E4M5 -nomonsters in 1:58 uses automated SR-50 on E4M3. Most of you guys could easily wipe about 20 seconds probably as I can't perform glides, I've tried and tried but it just won't happen.

ep4o158.zip

Doom 2 Done Turbo(?) in 14:10
Features that this demo have:
- Pretty much of little mistakes!
- Lame glides by person who never made them before!
- Recorded in 67 segments!
- Map32 haven't been visited!

d2dtx1410.zip

Beginner said:

Doom 2 Done Turbo(?) in 14:10
Features that this demo have:
- Pretty much of little mistakes!
- Lame glides by person who never made them before!
- Recorded in 67 segments!
- Map32 haven't been visited!

Actually have a run started for this that's stuck on map 2 until I stop being lazy and learn how to build glides. So far, I have map 1 in 0:03 seconds, though I'll certainly be taking way more than 67 segments.

Well you were warned...

thissuxx.txt said:
New Music : Yes, and it SUXX TOO! You'll soon find out what that music volume slider does in Doom II!