Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vandoom

Hexen 2, Quake, gzdoom style rebuild

anyone know of an engine rebuild / launcher to make hexen 2 and quake more playable? eg, binding to a gamepad and having the right stick free-look gzdoom style, i use a wired 360 pad btw

There was a sourceport for Hexen 2 but I can't remember what it was called, I'll try and see if I can find it.

Cheers! i'm gonna have some fun with this ^^ I've loved id software games since i first played Hexen on the PSX and that port was shite so doom blew me away and I've liked their games ever since

Only "Quake" ones I can think of were really just for enhancing the graphics. "Tenebrae" for "Quake" was cool but "Berserker" for "Quake 2" is hard to configure.

Vandoom said:

anyone know of an engine rebuild / launcher to make hexen 2 and quake more playable?

There's something called the UQE which allows Hexen2 to run on larger screen resolutions. And it even comes with bots if you miss the Multiplayer mode like I do.

Technician said:

We had this source port working with multiplayer some time back when we still had Quake night.

There was a time back in 2009 when on Friday and Saturday nights I was able to play Hexen2 Deathmatch against up to 3 or 4 human opponents through the UQE port.
We were using a messenger application called Hamachi for tracking our IP addresses and arranging the Deathmatch sessions.
Those nights were good while they lasted.
Nowadays, it's just me and the bots whenever it comes to Hexen2.
But fortunately there's Heretic2 which retains opportunities for going against human opponents once in a while if you catch the right moment.