Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Avoozl

map converters for doom64ex format?

Since there's map converters like for example for Doom to UDMF format and vice-versa, is there's any for Doom to Doom 64EX format or is there simply some code I would need to change in a original Doom wad via Slade to work in the Doom64EX Builder?

It's not that simple, because everything is different. The textures. The thing dimensions. (An imp might get stuck in a wall, because D64 imps are huge -- even wider than D64 barons, as strange as it seems!) The way textures behave. Linedef flags and specials. And so on.

Yeah but I only want the basic wall and secter data that both editors have in common to be converted, I wanted to try and retexture and modify the architecture of certain old Doom maps to see how they look in Doom 64EX and I don't want to have to individually change the wall and sector data (I'm fine with doing this for the textures and architecture) one at a time, I can copy a maps wall data directly from Doom Builder 2 and paste it into Doom64EX Builder while they are both running but it won't include the data things like (impassible, doublesided, etc).

Since I do not know anything about DoomEX64, nor do I want to, this is only a suggestion:

Have you tried to copy/paste maps between Doombuilder2 and Doombuilder64.
If that does not work, try prefabs.