Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zaldron

Hooray for stupidity

Yeah, but only if you went full auto without firing in relatively short bursts.

I ain't arguing, it was Lizards own words that precluded him from firing, not mine, I only agreed with him :)

Got it.
Anyway, if you were talking about an M134 General Electrics Minigun, then I'd agree that the recoil would not only throw you around, it'd throw you to the ground too.

One of my buddies once told me about a "Behind the Scenes" programme for a movie called "The Soldier" starring Kurt Russel (it's a lousy movie I'm told, so don't go out and rent it). At some point in this movie, Kurt Russel uses a minigun and this "behind-the-scenes" programme showed Kurt Russel trying to fire this thing (it was a REAL gun firing loose ammo) and he stumbled and fell backwards when he fired it - off to do some more weightlifting buddy :-)

Now, loose ammo doesn't give as powerful a kickback as sharp ammo, because loose cartridges don't hold as much gunpowder. Kurt Russel was firing this gun with loose ammunition and he was pretty strong already - now think of how it would be to fire this brute with SHARP ammo :-]

Hmm, so I guess an M-16 or an Mp5 wouldn't send me flying around, it would just shake me up a bit from the recoil. So that means someone my size can carry and fire those guns right? How about an Uzi? You think I'd be able to control the gun ok with the information I gave? Those guns are pretty small for an automatic weapon.

Lizardcommando said:

Hmm, so I guess an M-16 or an Mp5 wouldn't send me flying around, it would just shake me up a bit from the recoil. So that means someone my size can carry and fire those guns right? How about an Uzi? You think I'd be able to control the gun ok with the information I gave? Those guns are pretty small for an automatic weapon.

If you keep the trigger down, firing without pauses, THEN you'll be thrown around, but there shouldn't be a problem if you fire in short bursts - I don't know about uzis since I haven't tried one of those but the M-16 should be manageable.

Rellik said:

Pfft. Britney Spears, N'Sync, and teen magazines do more damage to adolescent psyche's than anything else, but forget them. We'll just ban video games all together. The system sucks.

[SIZE=7]AGREED.[/SIZE]
Boy bands, Seventeen, and singing sex sluts (that alliterates!) spew out so much sleaze that the worst computer/video games look tame by comparison. But still Congress takes their anger out on games like DOOM while Christina Aguilera is free to show off the hair surrounding her nether parts (that's how low her clothes are cut) in front of thousands of whooping teenagers. If that's not stupid, I don't know what is!

LOL

Someones been spending too much time at those forums that preach 'free thought'.

Rellik said:

Pfft. Britney Spears, N'Sync, and teen magazines do more damage to adolescent psyche's than anything else, but forget them. We'll just ban video games all together. The system sucks.

I think I'll just stop with the guns for a moment and let me give you my 2-cents on american pop culture: It's what's ruining society! These are the things that brainwashing teens to look, or act like those... brainwashing Nazis! They are destroying people's individuality, I see little frickin' 5th graders girls dressing up like sluts for god's sake!! This really sickens me. And they say video games are ruining society, HA! Think again, government peoples!

Goddamnit, Doom DOES have a plot. You're trying to save the fuckin' human race! Hell, even Frogger has a plot, to cross the road. Why blame video games for violence. What about another entertainment medium. Wrestling anyone? What about that kid that brutally beat that little girl to death doing wrestling moves? I don't see any actions being taken against wrestling....

the_Danarchist said:

LOL

Someones been spending too much time at those forums that preach 'free thought'.

I spend too much time reading news. I remember seeing a picture of Christina Aguilera in a news site. What a harlot!

Just had to post this here as it's title is self proclaiming :)
Seems the words

hi-jack:arabs learning to fly:Al-Qaeda:flying into CIA building:Osama bin Laden:terrorism

meant nothing to Bush and his whole administration in June last year, when they were told of these facts
Scary thought: WAS SEPT 11 ALLOWED TO HAPPEN?

fodders said:

Just had to post this here as it's title is self proclaiming :)
Seems the words meant nothing to Bush and his whole administration in June last year, when they were told of these facts
Scary thought: WAS SEPT 11 ALLOWED TO HAPPEN?

Possibly. I mean, Bush's approval rating was shit before it happened...he was a fucking joke, then after the whole fiasco, he was Superhero #1 or some shit.

Not saying that that is what happened, just saying that its possible...

Scary thought.
The next thing he'd do might be to let terrorists destroy important buildings in Europe and then hunt them down afterwards.

Nah, I doubt they knew WHAT was going to happen and in their smugness didn't believe that some dirty old rag-heads could do anything to hurt the all-powerful unshakeable AmerikaMachine.

I think for a long time Americans have thought they are free to do whatever they want without fear of reprisals. What an aweful lesson to learn.

Yeh, although we need to divorce "American Government thoughts" from "American people" the people are just that, people getting on with life, being led by their Gov. ,but just people

it's another attempt by politicians to shelter america's youth from reality, violence, sex, that happens all the time, but they want us to think the world is problemless.

the PMRC (primarily liberal i might add) did it with music.

now others want to do it to games.

Well, the American people, and especially the youth, need to wake up and realize if they want to change the world to a better place they'll have to BECOME POLITICIANS. Rockstars and activists and protesters will never accomplish anything the system doesn't want them to. And until the regular folks understand that they can't defeat the system, but instead must BECOME the system, things will never change cuz you'll never grab the power from the social elite.

People need to stop bitching about the sysytem and prepare themselves to become the system.