Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
duh

So yea... Any easy as cheese wads?

Contrary to popular opinion, there are other difficulties that your friend can play on. Also, the first episode of 2002: A Doom Odyssey isn't that bad if he wants to try that.

For wads more than 2 maps

Revolution!
Knee Deep in the UnDead
End1(The Beginning of the End Part 1)
Marbfort
Doom the Way id Did
Needs more Detail
000emg
1monster
Alien101
Killing Adventure
njdoom1

For wads with only 1 map

Barrel
Bonus
2diefor
aolgirls
brain3
dwdbf1
evatree
dethfact
kukuku
map3
mm2mem01
xmas1
PC_XXX series by Paul Corfiatis

I found these wads very easy for me, I don't know if it's hard for him.

Aww, I was kinda expecting something like a level that looks like cheese... Any cheese wads?

Demonfear is considered relatively easy but he's best off finding a WAD he likes and lowering the difficulty level. Or you could play co-op and bodyguard him...

I meant that it should actually look like cheese. Then there could be bubbling molten cheese with islands of bread for player to jump on.

DOOM: Edam Unleashed
DOOM II: Cheddar on Earth
Final DOOM: Emmentalution
Final DOOM: Parmesan Experiment

I'd think a lot of wads played on I'm too young to die are pretty soft.

But speaking from a mapper's perspective, it is tricky because some traps and puzzles can't be made more predictable or basic with difficulty levels. The way some teleport ambushes are made for when you pick up keys are so mean, even if you turned those revenants and archviles into pinky demons and imps, it still requires a pretty heightened reaction time to keep yourself from getting too hurt.

40oz said:

I'd think a lot of wads played on I'm too young to die are pretty soft.

But speaking from a mapper's perspective, it is tricky because some traps and puzzles can't be made more predictable or basic with difficulty levels. The way some teleport ambushes are made for when you pick up keys are so mean, even if you turned those revenants and archviles into pinky demons and imps, it still requires a pretty heightened reaction time to keep yourself from getting too hurt.

Somewhat, though monsters could be spawned in different locations, or using different teleport setups with different timing.

Look up my "Clear Focus" on /idgames/. It's a relatively short and on the easy side.