Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrthejoshmon

lets make a BAD megawad.

mrthejoshmon said:

I am just going to say that the wad is looking great so far, however I am warning you that map names and in some cases music will not be saved, I have to change nearly all (minus a few) into different map numbers... I got to say, its a real cluster-fuck of variety! but an issue occurred making then non vanilla compatible :C oh well the project will continue just that it has broken my own rules :P if I do find out the problem i will be sure to fix it, also who submitted a map with custom things, I will have to find out which wad it was and insert them into the wad, also I like what you did with the marines, but I think that's what broke its vanilla side, but meh its a feature, and who in their right mind would want to play a BAD megawad ;)

But... I did everything wrong you could do with making custom music :(

mrthejoshmon said:

I am just going to say that the wad is looking great so far, however I am warning you that map names and in some cases music will not be saved, I have to change nearly all (minus a few) into different map numbers... I got to say, its a real cluster-fuck of variety! but an issue occurred making then non vanilla compatible :C oh well the project will continue just that it has broken my own rules :P if I do find out the problem i will be sure to fix it, also who submitted a map with custom things, I will have to find out which wad it was and insert them into the wad, also I like what you did with the marines, but I think that's what broke its vanilla side, but meh its a feature, and who in their right mind would want to play a BAD megawad ;)

Why won't some music be saved? And what exactly are you talking about in terms of "vanilla compatibility"? You state in your OP that it's for ZDoom, so that's an odd thing to be considering at this point. :P

I mostly bring this up because I've actually gone and made a "serious" submission in terms of the project guidelines; that is, I ran across this comment earlier:

mrthejoshmon said:

this is not meant to be like mock, this is literally a guide of what not to do

Using this idea as a guide, I have devised and crafted a devious deviation of deviousness:

DETAIL.WAD -- an interactive guide. Have fun!

Working on a submission for this. It'll be a bit different than your usual mock-joke-whatever-wad level.

Flamen0d said:

But... I did everything wrong you could do with making custom music :(

after friday (when submitting is over), I will tell everybody the maps and what place they got, you could then tell me which was yours and I will try to pack the music with it for the corresponding level.

mrthejoshmon said:

after friday (when submitting is over), I will tell everybody the maps and what place they got, you could then tell me which was yours and I will try to pack the music with it for the corresponding level.

I am completely and totally confused by this. Why on earth would you not copy the music over while you're compiling the maps?

Xaser said:

I am completely and totally confused by this. Why on earth would you not copy the music over while you're compiling the maps?

for me, it seems a lot easier:
changing map numbers now.
changing music numbers after.

its a bitch to move music around.

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Here is my contribution to this wad. A TITLEPIC/INTERPIC

ok, that will be the inter pic, I have also started on a sky, its honestly a horrible mess... ON PURPOSE :P
but also may I add, why the hell has it got MLP (not a fan), that anime guy (not an anime fan) and some lady animal thing (I don't even...)? in fact I don't want to know...
also a totaly unrelated wad, but it was made in 10 minutes, however its for TNT:

This honestly looks like it's going to be so much fun. There should totally be YouTube playthroughs of this wad!

I was wondering, this wad is being submitted to the id games archives, right? I hope it is, because from the looks of it, it's not only going to be a fun (albeit sometimes frustrating and random) experience, but also a great teaching tool for new Doom wad editors to know what types of mistakes are so commonly made. It's also just neat to be part of a collaboration.

as you know, its friday, what does that mean? it means I have got to renumber about 32 map 01's into different maps and then move music about DX, on a serious note: submissions have a deadline of today *hint* and will be closed after midnight... however I do realize the time is different in other places than the UK, so that is going to cause problems! but any way, I am now re-downloading/downloading any and all files posted on this thread, with the exception of one that was asked to be removed...
how ever if anybody has any graphics they *volunteer* to be in the wad then go for it...

Scypek2 said:

I have some skies here (maybe should be weirder? Dunno) and title and intermission music.

those are some trippy and kind of well fitting skies, thanks man!

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Here is my contribution to this wad. A TITLEPIC/INTERPIC

Add Barney to that pic and the whole thing will be complete. :P

well the file itself is forming together nicely, how ever some maps turn into squiggles and messed up line defs... its not that much of an issue but its adding more time!

What on earth are you using to combine the maps? You'll only get the squiggles if you actively try to open a map in the wrong format (in DB2 or somesuch) or are using ancient software to copy+paste things. If you're using SLADE for the compilation, you really shouldn't be having any issues (just remember to copy BEHAVIOR and SCRIPTS along with the other map lumps).

obake said:

I've never used Slade. Is it easier to use than XWE?

its very complicated for me, but I have come up with an idea, the wad could come in different chunks, I would guess at 8 in total, maps 1-5, maps 6-10, 11-15, 16-20, 20-25, 26-30, two bonus maps and the resource wad... This is a purpose thing as well due to it being a bad way to do it... fits with the wad, I will post DL's soon.