Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Springy

Plutonia No Monsters demo pack.[DONE]

I was watching Looper's 10 seconds on Map01, is it possible to make the jump from the doorway to the exit without using the lift on the other ledge? The smallest distance on that gap is 231 units and the largest from the point that I noticed was 250, so wouldn't that fall under the 256-unit jumping gap rule?

Just an observation, would like input.

What is

Altima said:

256-unit jumping gap rule

?

AFAIK the maximum SR50 jump distance (both platforms on the same height, no rocket boosts, no barrelrunning, etc) is 194.

Memfis said:

What is

?

AFAIK the maximum SR50 jump distance (both platforms on the same height, no rocket boosts, no barrelrunning, etc) is 194.

Oh yeah, it is. I was remembering it wrong, sorry about that. Nevermind my ramblings then, for some reason I thought it was 256 and not 194, but you're right. Oh well, was a good idea **

(map01) Damnit, I've already found this, though the demo was ruined on old PC, right before I got internet... Anyway, the time was 7 :)
Also, I was thinking of map02 strafejump right to the yellow key from the start, I did it with turbo 140 in nontas, but without turbo it's damn hard (I had to fly only 2 units more). Looper? :)

yep it's not that good, i used it in a built 2-way coop run though, which was abandoned long ago. It will be picked up again some day :p

Nice one lads! Just awaiting last improvements then I'll compile the rest and have this up later.

Also for MAP19, Hock has a demo in 0:16. I don't know if it's turbo or not.. can't tell from having messages on and I don't know how to tell otherwise.

Also Springy, a couple things I saw were that the MAP27 time has not been updated to 0:45. Also, you have one entry from Light_Speed and another from odysseyofnoises, who are the same person. I'm sorry if that 2nd one is irrelevant.. just didn't want anything to get mixed up on DSDA when this file goes there. :)

doomdaniel95 said:

Also Springy, a couple things I saw were that the MAP27 time has not been updated to 0:45. Also, you have one entry from Light_Speed and another from odysseyofnoises, who are the same person. I'm sorry if that 2nd one is irrelevant.. just didn't want anything to get mixed up on DSDA when this file goes there. :)

Damn, I am extremely sorry about that and yes I kind of changed a couple of his entries to his alt name because I was in a rush and forgot to alter the other existing demo. My apologies. I'm aiming to get this up by this week and start the 2nd and revisited after.

doomdaniel95 said:

Also for MAP19, Hock has a demo in 0:16. I don't know if it's turbo or not.. can't tell from having messages on and I don't know how to tell otherwise.

It has automated SR50, so it's 100% TAS :)

TAS and -turbo usage are two separate things. But you can fairly safely assume that any demo by Hock features both.

Grazza said:

TAS and -turbo usage are two separate things. But you can fairly safely assume that any demo by Hock features both.

I've only ever seen one demo by Hock (the 40 second one) and it clearly says turbo activated or something along those lines right near the top. I should really watch demos more instead of just attempting to go fast around the most obvious route and take alternate routes. I've always been a player who takes his time and carefully shoots, heh. Just a heads up guys, I am compiling the rest as I type this, this may go up tonight or tomorrow morning.

Here it is! Limited time special offer. Thanks everyone for who contributed even if the demos didn't make it. Start the second one tomorrow. If you find any errors please state here. This thread will be used for the next two wads.

pl_nomo_pack.zip

Uh, you could wait a bit more before compiling the pack. Usually people are given some sort of deadline and after that some time to write the demo descriptions and general comments. I feel like it wasn't very nice to wrap the whole thing up so suddenly. Maybe some people weren't satisfied with their entries and were planning to improve their times. Or to simply write proper descriptions of their runs.