Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrthejoshmon

lets make a BAD megawad.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4nwzq330q861fn8
NOW attention! This is the wad, IT is still missing music, BUT all files must be run together, credits are in the text file BUT I did not know which map was who's so I named ALL mappers involved, as well as bonus credits to people related to the wad...
I forgot to say that no maps submitted except the one I was asked to remove was missed out! we have exactly 32 bad maps :D
enjoy... If I missed you out in credits somehow please tell me.

My map is incomplete without the new graphics. Either include it in a separate wad with new graphics or just remove from the compilation please.

Ah, okay then, just make sure to explain in the readme that my map should be played with it. :)

Memfis said:

Ah, okay then, just make sure to explain in the readme that my map should be played with it. :)

Damn it! I am always forgetting things! also I might need to update the wad due to being told some levels are impossible!

So I opened the zip and there are 8 different wads and a resource wad. Is there a reason that the bad megawad project managed to be compiled in the most horrible way since Grezzo 2 and Warzone?

Maybe the download should be divided into 90 zip files which people will have to download from rapidshare.com. lol

Tarnsman said:

So I opened the zip and there are 8 different wads and a resource wad. Is there a reason that the bad megawad project managed to be compiled in the most horrible way since Grezzo 2 and Warzone?

yes, to fit the theme of it being bad...

EDIT: is map13 bugged?

At least you can drag and drop all the wads on zdoom and it works.

I thought these maps were pretty cool. :)
It's very fun making maps like this.

map21 is my map btw

TimeOfDeath said:

is map13 bugged?

being honest I have recently found at least 3 bugged maps, I believe them to be little bastards, I do know that the one that is one big HOM and texture cluster fuck is impossible, one of them consists of a white box and one other is unfinished by my guess. also your map is very confusing but still possible, it took me about an hour :)

mrthejoshmon said:

yes, to fit the theme of it being bad...

so every thing is musting to is bad also no levels just? Us should do bading all thinks relative of this? Okee...

Despite cursing under my breath repeatedly at the borkedness of the release, I suppose it's fitting for a bad megawad to have a bad compilation in some way or form. :P

Still, though, there are some wads that just don't "work" (if that's the correct term) without the proper music/resources/whatnot, so I've gone and done a re-compilation with fixed everything and proper credits given.

There are a few maps swapped around: two of the uncompletable ones got switched out for Memfis's second entry and Bioshock Infinity (neither of which seemed to show up), and there are maybe a few other edits and OH GOD WHY AM I EVEN SPENDING TIME ON THIS AAAAAA

*ahem*

http://ionline.vectec.net/doom/WOOO-fixed.zip -- map credits are just in the LANGUAGE lump currently because I haven't made a textfile for some reason.

P.S. -- I may have accidentally added some music to maps that didn't have them, because I was possessed by the spirit of Ray Charles and was forced to do something tangentially relevant to the subject.

I have heard some frankly startling reports of some maps in this megawad being borderline mediocre as opposed to outright atrocious.

These maps are truly the worst in the set.

st.alfonzo said:

I have heard some frankly startling reports of some maps in this megawad being borderline mediocre as opposed to outright atrocious.

These maps are truly the worst in the set.

I have to admit I faeled, I apologise wholeheartedly to the rest of the doomworld forum.
On another note it's nice to have a patched up wad with music :P Thanks Xaser

walter confalonieri said:

if you asking who made "lets fap on chatroulette", it was me... anyway i'll give a fast look on the streaming...

Yes, I believe I did ask. You might want to give the map a rethink - it's so ungodly massive that it breaks the blockmap. You end up getting killed by stealth imps that are so far away from you that ZDoom's brain explodes and thinks they're within melee range. Rest assured, I voice all of my gripes about the map in the stream. :P

Xaser said:

two of the uncompletable ones got switched out for Memfis's second entry and Bioshock Infinity (neither of which seemed to show up)

Yeah, I asked mrthejoshmon to not include that The Cure map since it wasn't bad enough. And it's kind of broken in ZDoom (some things don't work as intended). If possible, replace it with something else pls. Nice work on the compilation btw. :)

Jimmy91 said:

YES!!!! That was hilarious! I loved seeing your playthroughs of my maps (Liebrary, Simply Dead, and, you guessed it...House of Fury!)

I freely admit, House of Fury is the worst level I've ever made. It's way too sadistic, finicky, and hard to dodge the traps. The green brick room full of the rising platforms and rockets is made much easier if you find the secret that disables the turrets, but even then, it's still annoying as heck.

Don't judge all of UAC Enterprises by House of Fury, though. Trust me, the other levels are a lot more tolerable and fun. In fact, the level directly after it is I consider one of my personal best (the level's name is UAC Fortress, and by golly is it better!)

One thing I noticed helped make both Liebrary and House of Fury easier is that you had jumping enabled- normally, you can't jump in those levels, because I built them without implementing the jump feature!

Such, as you can imagine, would make that dark room in Liebrary, and almost the entirety of House of Fury, ten million times worse to navigate. ;)

Last of all, in order to beat Simply Dead: Defeat the two Cyberdemons (one if it's on easy), thus opening surrounding walls to reveal an outside room (much like after you defeat the Mancubui in Dead Simple). You will then have to face off against a few Spider Masterminds and a gang of super fast, glowing, fireball spewing dogs that explode when you kill them (yes, it is as ridiculous as it sounds.)

Anyways, thanks for the livestream. Your reactions were hilarious. I just apologize for the absolute awful experience House of Fury was. I will be willing to help pay for any psychiatric help you'll need from going through such a traumatizing ordeal.

Extremely grateful, Obake

Well I am certainly glad that people have been... "enjoying" this thing, now I might attempt something serious.
however, I would indeed be up for "round 2"...

Hmm, I actually made some fixes to some maps earlier tonight. Things like game-breaking bugs and whatnot -- my solution to MAP19's blockmap WTFs, though, was to drop a bunch of invulnerability spheres everywhere, and I'm not really sure if that made things better or worse. :P

I'll upload it laterish when I get the textfile written. I'm also not sure why I'm hijacking this, but it's too late now. D:

Xaser said:

Hmm, I actually made some fixes to some maps earlier tonight. Things like game-breaking bugs and whatnot -- my solution to MAP19's blockmap WTFs, though, was to drop a bunch of invulnerability spheres everywhere, and I'm not really sure if that made things better or worse. :P

I'll upload it laterish when I get the textfile written. I'm also not sure why I'm hijacking this, but it's too late now. D:

go for it... just include the credits text file unaltered :P

The map's still not completable without cheats. The trouble is that the map goes out of range of the blockmap, which tricks ZDoom into thinking that every imp is within melee range at one point in the level, meaning you get insta-scratched to death when running along the ridiculously-long skyfloor corridor. You may have to squash the eastern parts of the map closer together to make it work right, even though it does sorta ruin the effect. :P