Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Platinum Shell

How do you like your (beef) steak?

Personally, I've leaned more towards pan-fried over the past couple years, out of personal tastes. Cooked to an even medium.

So...how do you like your steaks, Doomworld?

I'd put up a poll but...I don't have rights.

T-bone, rare, grilled over mesquite with a pinch of steak seasoning on each side. Caramelized onions or steak butter on the side.

Medium Well, usually. My dad has perfected grilling well done without losing too many juices but most all restaurants I've been to have no clue how to do that.

GreyGhost said:

Well done or stewed.

In the case of stewed, wouldn't that be more along the lines of steak/beef tips? I meant more along the lines of a filet of steak/T-bone. But yeah beef stew is also a good alternative.

I used to like well done as a kid, but now I can't stand it. It loses so much flavor IMO.

Contrary to IT'S FUCKING RAAAAW, the steak in question has been burnt to a crisp.

alive and bleeding...
just kidding, I prefer something like that:

Technician said:

Well done. Easier to digest. Less parasites.

Medium. With garlic mashed potatoes, grilled onions and mushrooms. Broccoli or chopped carrots sometimes. Seasoned steak fries can do in a pinch as well, in lieu of mashed potatoes.

EDIT: A nice slice of toasted garlic bread as well.

Grazza said:

So the options are cancer or food poisoning? I'll pass, thanks.

I barely eat steak, at all. My main source of it is from homemade Italian breaded outside rounds and the occasional t-bone, maybe even less then once a year. Ground beef is the main source of beef in my diet. The meal options are limitless with ground beef at hand.

My meat intake is mainly from chicken breasts and pork chops.

Frankly, my fear of carcinogens don't come burnt meat, but sodium nitrates. I like the sausage.

No homo.

The best meal I've ever had was medium grilled wagyuu sirloin in Kobe. I guess the only thing that could beat it would be real Kobe beef.

Medium rare. A little seasoning on each side. I'm not too fussy over what device is used to cook it; what's more important is that it's good quality meat that isn't laden with stringy, fatty bits.

Medium, I don't like the texture of raw steak, but well done loses the taste and juiciness of the steak. So go for the middle option.

Well done from an indirect heating source. That is completely grey. No black carbon deposits at all.

Unfortunately the only way to get that is to cook it yourself. Using the stove usually works, but generally when I have steak my family cooks them on the grill so I have them wrap it in foil.