Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

Compet-N: incoming and discussion, part 2 [post Compet-N entries here]

Fixed that one, though the first post has some other dead links...

MM2, MAP15 (The Devils Coterie by Adam Windsor), UV Speed (secret exit) in 2:28 and Max in 8:42

devilsco.zip

Archy said:

I think your xls file should still be updated regularly, it's a very quick way to view current records, see what DSDA entries beat C-N records, and can be viewed offline as a single file. It's also nice to always have on a flash-drive so I can view it wherever I want.

I have no problem with you abandoning "/incoming results" though.

The problem is, it's time consuming and I'm losing thread with so many source port records appearing. BTW thanks for kind words of support in many other occasions.

I've gathered myself and made an update. There'll be at least one more as I'd like coop records to be completed, I didn't touch them again this time.
The "/incoming" thread will be unstickied in the first week of April. I will be informing you about any updates, as they are so rare I won't consider it post count abuse :)

vdgg said:

I will be informing you about any updates, as they are so rare I won't consider it post count abuse :)

I'm a bit unclear as to whether you are planning on updating the XLS file or not but thanks for all your hard work, it has made viewing currents records very easy.

af09-713.zip

On the long run, I don't know; for now, yes, but not too often. BTW there's one little mistake in the "info" section, there's no new rr30, but rf30. In the "Requiem" section it is correct.

Damn it Vono, I was going for that record, but I must agree; it is quite a bit harder than it looks.

Well done.

MM2, MAP16 (The Nephilim by Denis Moeller), -respawn in 4:31
Requiem, MAP21 (Den of the Skull by Anthony Galica), UV Speed in 4:56
Requiem, MAP29 (Downer by Adam Williamson), UV Max in 13:13 and UV Speed in 5:07

mm2_req2.zip

JCD said:

Plutonia Map01 COOP UV Speed in 0:05

Pacifist too, as far as I can tell.

JCD said:

Plutonia Map01 COOP UV Speed in 0:05

Nice! Cool to see that player thingrunning being useful in real runs too :-D

Grazza said:

Pacifist too, as far as I can tell.

So shooting teammates is acceptable in pacifist?

Of course. Harming yourself is fine in pacifist, and there are plenty of precedents of coop pacifists where the players give each other speed boosts (including ones on this very map).

The only thing that needs checking in this demo is that no shotgun pellets hit a manc, but it doesn't appear that any did. To be 100% certain you would need to use -trace_thingshealth.

Here is a new UV-Speed of Plutonia Map01 (coop) in 5 seconds. We realized -too late- that we recorded our first run in skill 3 (forgot to put "-skill 4" in command lines), so we did it again - in SKILL 4 this time, heh. We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope you'll enjoy this run as much as the first one =)

pc01-005.zip

Good thing you could quickly replicate it; I'd be mad like hell if I found out I recorded on -skill 3.

I was, heh x) I thought that the game's default setting when recording was configured to launch the game on Ultra Violence difficulty, but... seems not.

This was recorded with dosbox which should be ok... I hope. Already posted my first exit which I got on accident (I thought it was on UV, which was pretty hilarious) in the final doom thread, figured I'd try to record something a bit less crappy and submit since even the first run was 10 seconds better than the old record.

pn08-024.zip

correct me if i'm wrong, but cack equalled his own uv time in nm three years later in 2009. i don't know if he ever "submitted" it to the long dead c-n back then, but it should be an eligible demo and it's up for grabs at dsda.

ah, pardon my vagueness... i had a feeling cack did it and my personal demo stash confirmed it, so i didn't bother to check back with the internets.

well, as we all suspected, cack is the god of gliding.

dew said:

correct me if i'm wrong, but cack equalled his own uv time in nm three years later in 2009. i don't know if he ever "submitted" it to the long dead c-n back then, but it should be an eligible demo and it's up for grabs at dsda.

I'd imagine a lot of the other plutonia records are obsolete as well considering I beat map01 nm in like an hour. What's the deal with those records, are you going to wait until the original runners submit their runs which probably isn't going to happen or just use their records without their consent? I'd rather not go "hey guys what's the real record on this level" on everything I might attempt.

(edit) Ok, fx said on this thread he doesn't check these forums too often and now I feel silly. Guess I'll take my inquiries to compet-n site itself

pn01-019.zip