Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unfa

A replacement for dsbossit.au (final boss initial sound) / unfa says hello

Hi!

As this is my first post on this forums, let me shortly introduce myself (you may just skip to the point - *)

I'm unfa. I'm a fanatic GNU/Linux user, a hoobyist/amateur musician making electronic music and writing funny songs with passion and love. For living I record and produce audiobooks and such.

-The above image links to my recent production-

I recelnty got into a phase for Doom and all that's related with it. I've been playing some Freedoom months ago, and I want to play much more in my free time :) I found this project while searching Ubuntu repositories.

I wanted to extract Freedoom's soundtrack (music) for listening purposes (I think this music is really nicely done!) but I couldn't play .mus files. Insead - I found .au files and found dsbossit.au - the file that in Doom 2 was scary and antmospheric. Knowing what's that I quicly reversed it and changet it's speed to hear the original. What I heard was funny, but totally off the theme. Also very noisy and badly distorted (not to mention it wasn't normalized)

*THE POINT:

So I sat down in my home studio and gave it a shot. I didn't think of any other words but the original "To win this game..." and this is a result of my first try at this topic:

http://www.freesound.org/people/unfa/sounds/180922/ or http://unfamusic.com/5h1+/dsbossit.zip

I'd like to know if you like this, and if I could do something for this project as a sound guy.

Pax!

Hi. I use Linux too. Sometimes everyone on this forum get distracted.
You might have to wait awhile. I submitted three levels last week and cannot get any attention.

That seems true. Gonna wait some more. There's always stuff to do, I won't be bored ;)