Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrthejoshmon

lets make a BAD megawad.

I think the boom compatible and zdoom maps should be split into different episodes. I don't mean separate wads - in zdoom there could be a separate episode-select screen.

Also, I'm going to release an updated Doom 5 later tonight.

EDIT: Get it here

I played through some of the megawad (1-19). I see that my Heaap maps stand terribly out of place, but... A megawad so bad that it's not even good at being bad? Why not.

And i would love to do a LaNGUAGE lump.

The Doomist said:

Well, the first few levels of my first WAD I'm making are pretty mediocre, so... maybe I can release those?

go ahead, but you do realize its a little to late to be part of this wad right?

I'm in progress of upgrading a epic language lump to force upon you. Also i think that this wad needs some heavily scripted level full of storytelling. Maybe it'd be map30 and whoa nelly could replace "total destruction III" which is some sort of mistake, or "Ghantha" which is a placeholder level and makes no sense. (these 2 mentioned are my "contributions")

Scypek2 said:

I'm in progress of upgrading a epic language lump to force upon you. Also i think that this wad needs some heavily scripted level full of storytelling. Maybe it'd be map30 and whoa nelly could replace "total destruction III" which is some sort of mistake, or "Ghantha" which is a placeholder level and makes no sense. (these 2 mentioned are my "contributions")

I will take the lump but I am sure as hell not scripting anything, this is the most I have ever scripted:

as you can see I have only ever scripted dialogue into a wad, (and once did colored lighting, but that came out as a failure)

Gah. Most of my additions to language lump got deleted. Something still is, though, but i'm not going to redo the rest of that shit. I think i'd make the map I mentioned, though.

http://speedy.sh/wmrsm/lets-fap-on-chatroulette.wad

finla version, maybe... finally fixed the blockmap bug and arranged better the skinlow maze (this time not so maze-ish, just added a locked door before the huge teleport and deleted the wird maze, unluckily, but since that was the thing crashes everything in this map i'll removed it...) and more stuff added, enjoy

I am going to wait until everybody is done on what they are doing to the wad, then fix, change and add everything... I will give it about 3 days without another post to call it that everybody is done.

I don't feel like bothering with LANGUAGE again, but here is that piece I made. (Pickups, cheat codes, and some little things.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?a284ui5z146q1t3

Xaser, could you change "Koha?" to "Kohaś" in some new version?

oh, and

Scypek2 said:

I think i'd make the map I mentioned, though.

Now I don't think so, actually.

It's probably too late, but no matter:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dc9q7l8m0ab79pe

And just for laughs, I've made up a text file I think would have been included with a WAD like this back in the day:

===========================
FOR USE ON THE DOOM BBS '95

Hey Doomers! Tired of the same old levels? Looking for some new turf to cover, and some INTESNSE action? Well here it is!

I've spent countless hours familiarising myself with the newest build of DEU, and I've produced this. The result is great - A thrilling blue key hunt (watch out for the cyberdemon trap!) and never-before-seen lighting effects. Fancy that!

A little about the author: A studying engineer, happily married. Thanks to my wife for putting up with my DOOM addiction bringing me into the wee hours of the night.

Any questions, or if you want to send me a demo of your playthrough, just contact me below:

Ted B. Nugiget
173 Stone Lay Way
Wisconsin, TX
My email: bronson49ers@public.edu.it

Happy Fragging!

DDD OOOO OOOO M M 22
D D O O O O MM MM 2 2
D D O O O O M M M M 2
DDD OOOO OOOO M M M 2222

FOR USE ON THE DOOM BBS '95

(Seriously, EVERY wad from the old days has a text file just like this included..)

Crap, too bad I saw this thread so late, I had some absolutely sweet trash to provide!
Do you plan to create a "vol 2"?

I feel as if I should give an overall review of this project. Here goes:

Ahem.

Wooo.wad is an interesting creature. It isn't exactly a straight up joke wad like Mock2, nor is it an entirely serious experience, either.

But it does bring to the table some things few other projects, serious or comical, have. First off, there is tons of variety; each map is truly a different experience from the last. Some of them are actually decent in design, albeit a bit offsetting. Others, like Nazi Prison, are so ludicrously ridiculous and yet so lovingly crafted you have to wonder in awe at how they were created.

***Note: Spoliers ahead in the next few paragraphs!***
The first few episodes of maps were somewhat lacking, in my opinion, not to say that they were bad, but perhaps not bad enough. When it came to certain mappers, they always brought interesting things to the table. Xaser, for example, probably made the zaniest set of maps, especially the "Mst3k pants-a-thon Cyberdemon toilet party" (my description, not his).

My contributions to the wad ("liebrary", "simply dead", and "house of fury") are a mixed bag. Liebrary happens to be one of my earliest attempts at mapping, and therefore suffers some poor map design and texturing. But besides that, it has nothing special about it. Simply dead, I'll admit, was just an experiment in scripting techniques, and isn't too interesting, either, until you make it to the fire spewing dogs. But boy, House of Fury sure got a negative review from one person in particular! (Jimmy91's playthrough of Wooo.wad is awesome, by the way. If you haven't seen it, check it out.)

All in all, the variety of the set is astounding. My personal favorite of the maps has to be Nazi Prison (over 700 secrets and the most insane design and music ever, it truly is a piece of art). I'd recommend Wooo.wad to anyone wanting a so bad-it's good experience. Trust me, there are surprises around every corner of this mapset. Maybe not so much so with two of the three maps I contributed, but with all of the other maps, you'll be guaranteed to have a rewarding time. (Just note there is a lewd joke or two in some of the maps, but not anything too terrible that I remember.)

TimeOfDeath said:

When are we gonna make another one, guys.

Maybe we should kinda officially finish that one first?

I would love to lead a project quite like that, but a bit more madness (I would sacrifice my soul...) than badness (liebrary).

Scypek2 said:

I would love to lead a project quite like that, but a bit more madness (I would sacrifice my soul...) than badness (liebrary).

Uh uh, go for it! I would love to see what would come out of it!

Now let's just compile in the latest changes and finish off the WOOO with some cool description in the first post and thread title.

Scypek2 said:

I do agree 100%! Stuff like this map or "Inside Nyan Cat" really killed me even if my favourite is "whoa Nelly" because of this damn switch totally out of place.

If this project is done I'm in!

Scypek2 said:

I'm up for contributing to the next one, too. The levels I'll design will be so bizarre, so weird, so unimaginably frustrating, it will make House of Fury look like "The Entrance" on I'm Too Young To Die!

Heard of Cat Mario, anyone? Heh-he (Evil grin)

Squadallah said:

my favourite is "whoa Nelly" because of this damn switch totally out of place.

haha, that was thanks to me replacing SWBRCOM >:D But you're aware that it's in "Bioshock Infinity" too?

Scypek2 said:

haha, that was thanks to me replacing SWBRCOM >:D But you're aware that it's in "Bioshock Infinity" too?

Having never had the occasion of playing Bioshock yet, I didn't know at all :).

obake
it will make House of Fury look like "The Entrance" on I'm Too Young To Die!

Don't forget to insert stuff that kill you even on God mode then :P

Squadallah said:

Having never had the occasion of playing Bioshock yet, I didn't know at all :).

I meant the pre-alpha version of Bioshock Infinity that I've stolen and included in WOOO! I don't remember the mapslot, something about map14.

I have to admit, I laughed out loud when I heard MAP01's music, and also at MAP04's trick. They were definitely the two most entertaining parts of the wad for me. The rest (although I didn't actually play through them all properly) didn't give me the same reaction. But then, I tend to be rather reticent, so make of that what you will.

By the way I have a little suggestion for the end of "inside Nyan Cat".
Would have been even better if you're actually ejected into space and finish the level on a surface that makes you end the level when your health reaches 1.