Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

The Find/Request A Wall/Flat Texture Thread

This is a thread where people can ask for walls and/or flat textures. This way there won't be too many small threads asking for textures. This thread can also be used to look for skies textures.

I'll go first. Is there a flat that looks like the ceiling in this picture?:

The picture is from the 1977 film Exorcist II: The Heretic and it is similar to the floor flat that you can find in this image.

I also want a wall texture. Look at this image:

I would like a wall texture that is a gray bricked wall with lights similar to the brown bricked wall with lights.

I don't know about the first one, but the Useful Doom Edits might have the second one.

My turn. I'm looking for some wooden Japanese-style textures for a new project. I looked on Realm667, but I didn't find anything. :( Anyone?

@GreyGhost: I just tried the texture out and it looks fine. Thanks for making it for me.

@Blue Shadow: Thanks for the link, I can use some of the textures I found there for future projects!

I would also still like a flat texture similar to the ceiling in that picture from the movie I posted.

Sorry to bump this thread and double post, but I have a texture that I'm looking for that I just thought up. You know the exit texture that looks like this?:

I'm looking for a hellish style of the texture if there is one. The style up above is the base style (or the earth version).

Here are the patches that they are made up of along with their names:

So is there a hellish style of the texture and it's patches?

NiTROACTiVE said:

This is a thread where people can ask for walls and/or flat textures. This way there won't be too many small threads asking for textures. This thread can also be used to look for skies textures.

I'll go first. Is there a flat that looks like the ceiling in this picture?:

http://imageshack.us/a/img109/9008/exorcistii.jpg

Is that still needed?

Gez said:

Is that still needed?
[IMGs]

Yes it is, and I'll be using that for a future ZDoom project I have in mind. Thanks.

For anyone who might have a solution for my latest needed texture, then let me know.

So I have this texture:

But I don't like how the blue lamp is done (big chucks of the same color, looks really unconvincing). Who has (or can make) a better version?

The Baron flats?

I was messing around trying to get them in a similar style to the DEM1_1 - DEM1_4 flats often used for teleports/exits, but got bored/distracted before I finished them properly.

Memfis said:

So I have this texture:

But I don't like how the blue lamp is done (big chucks of the same color, looks really unconvincing). Who has (or can make) a better version?

How's this?

Not sure how it'll hold up when converted to the Doom palette, but it looks okay as it is.

Ahhh, good old Doom and its quirky blue range. I'm not convinced by any of these but it never hurt to have choices.

They are all in the Doom palette.

I tried to make the first two in the style METAL6. The last two are inspired by LITEBLU1 and LITEBLU4 respectively.

[edit]
And my attempt at the hexagon light thing:

I have no idea how closely it mirrors the dimensions of the Doom hexagon floor tiles but I think it looks OK anyway.

[edit] New screenshot :P

Heh, not sure how to explain this... I need a texture in medieval setting that basically tells the player "this place is sacred, don't enter", but without any text... Just a threatening symbol or something like that. Any ideas?

In the US a sign that a spot is sacred is that it's covered in feathers and ribbons... Don't know about medieval settings though.

Memfis said:

Heh, not sure how to explain this... I need a texture in medieval setting that basically tells the player "this place is sacred, don't enter", but without any text... Just a threatening symbol or something like that. Any ideas?

Maybe an iron bar gate with a threating looking gargoyle head sculpture?

A gate is usually a sign of 'dont enter' and I guess statues/sculptures of mythical creatures might have been used at sacred places.

Are there somewhere versions of the midvines that could be used hanging from the ceiling without touching the floor, and without getting all cut from the same height?

Some more random bollocks I found in my "shit I never got around to doing anything with" folder. UNUSED STUFF: SWITCH EDITION.

Unpaletted!

Paletted, and fewer colours because lolpaletterange.

^ Why the hell people post pictures like that? There is absolutely nothing fun about cropping them.

Because for my own convenience that's how they are when I'm editing this stuff so I don't end up with a swamp of several fucking hundred images. It takes about 20 seconds to crop images yourself. Take 'em or leave 'em, I don't care.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I have another request to make. Is there a hellish version of the DOORTRAK texture that I can use?

I also found a hellish version of an exit sign in the Gothic Texture Pack that I liked, and you can get the texture pack from here. I didn't see any texture in the texture pack that would be considered a hellish DOORTRAK texture, but if you have that version of the texture, then please let me know.

Also, I think this thread should be stickied so that people can use it to ask for certain textures/flats in the future because it would be useful so that there aren't multiple threads asking for a single texture. After all, The Official "Trying to Find a Specific WAD" Thread got sticked, and it was originally made by a non-mod user.

NiTROACTiVE said:

Sorry to bump this thread, but I have another request to make. Is there a hellish version of the DOORTRAK texture that I can use?

Dunno what you mean by "hellish". Is there an example you can point to or show a screenshot of?

Urban Space Cowboy said:

Dunno what you mean by "hellish". Is there an example you can point to or show a screenshot of?

By "hellish", I mean it has a theme that you would find in Hell such as unholy symbols such as a baphomet, blood, brick walls, gothic textures and fleshy walls and floors.