Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sjampansee

Butter that Mancubus up!

j4rio said:

I didn't imply I like it. However, unlike some individuals I can just get over it and ignore what I don't care about because I get no satisfaction from hating on stuff that has exactly zero value for me because it's just a royal waste of time. Big labels shoving music down throats? Whatthefuckever. I don't care and can't imagine why anyone uninterested in getting stuff shoved down throat would be bothered by that instead of sticking to stuff they actually enjoy.

I didn't imply that you liked it either. I was saying in general, if someone likes it, they can like it.

Nice little subtle condescending undertones in there, though. Boofuckinghoo someone says they don't like music that get forced down their throats while at public places. And god forbid they elaborate a little further and say that there is lobbying and dishonesty in the music industry, and the deep underlying reason is because bands that they enjoy get completely blacked out resulting in their favorite music style dying out because it gets washed aside for monotonous computer beetz and silly pop star bimbos that don't even write their own lyrics (and it's even been scientifically proven that newer pop sucks as if we didn't know that before, so don't come with your retorts about how it's on the same level as music that has more variety, dynamic unpredictable song structures, that doesn't necessarily revolve around stupid breakdowns, lazy cookie cutter safe songwriting, verse chorus, verse chorus, verse chorus). But then again I guess I'm a genre freak because (OMG!) I love my music to do enough research into it to be knowledgeable about it and into the background and history of it and know where each style came from and what they evolved into, wheras you probably can't say the same for the stuff you listen to!!?? Either way it looks like I'm wasting my time and probably gave you too much credit by writing this much.

Yeah, probably. I'm an exact opposite of genre freak, openminded to the point that I treat music as one huge genre. You're right in everything about new pop and whatnot, it's a known fact that people generally stick to music they listened to in late teen years for the rest of their lives and it gets heavily abused by 'bimbos' in music industry by forcing genres that take the least effort to manufacture. But, I mean, what's there to be done about it? It's so deep-rooted in civilisation that I can barely foresee a slightest change happenning before I expire, if ever. So I decided not to care, as I can't get emotional over stuff I can't even slightly change. I didn't mean to have any subtle undertone, I just genuinely don't care. Oh, and even if it probably sounded like I do, I also don't care whether anyone cares. If you find at least a bit positive force being annoyed about this, feel free to do so for an eternity. I find it to be a waste of time.

Sorry if I came across as all guns blazing last night. ;)

I can understand how it looks like from the outside from someone who doesn't have a horse in the race, but in a way if everyone adopted that approach we'd let our hobbies and favorite art forms die with us and let them get swept under the rug for regurgitated subsitute bullshit. I'll take looking like a whiny elitest to most people if it means I can recruit even just one person to the "resistance". ;)

Well the underground heavy metal scene has been picking up a bit in the last few years atleast, and it has been because of metal "elitests" using the internet as a platform spreading our discontent with the failings of newer substitutes (basically being all elitest and stuff) in music forums (it seems Doom forums are immune though hah), while giving recommendations to younger metal heads who are hungry to explore the music which ultimately leads to keeping our music alive and we've seen some killer new bands as a result, as well as getting some unappreciated bands who faded into obscurity in the 90's to reform because of the opportunity to get more gigs, and some underground labels have been able to sign and support newer upcoming bands and reissue albums that went out of print in the 90's and these labels were enabled to do so because of the momentum of us spreading the word... etc so it isn't just all gloom and DooM.

re diversity: There is a lot of diversity in metal, and a ton of sub genres within it that have great bands in them, but it ultimately comes down to like what you like, but that don't mean someone else isn't allowed to hate it and go into pretentious semantics like I'm doing now. ;)

You say Justin Bieber-I say ACDC

You say Miley Cyrus-I say Led Zepplin

You say T-Pain-I say Slipknot

You say Flowers-I say Metallica

You say Pink-I say Iron Maiden

You say Hip Hop-i say shut the fuck up

You say Pop-I scream Heavy Metal!!

You say hanah montana-i fuckin punch you in the face

92% of teenagers have turned to Hip Hop and Pop.If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music,copy and paste this message to another 5 doomworld threads. DON'T LET THE SPIRIT OF ROCK DIE

Funny. Usually it's the metal guys who are the most closed-minded in this regard, while claiming the exact opposite. ;)

I was hooked on CC and stuff like that for around 3 years or so, but shit just gets old. Lately I can drift from casual pop to death metal and enjoy both equally. I guess something like that is just unthinkable for majority of brootal harcore metal lads. Whatever. Bye.

j4rio said:

I was hooked on CC and stuff like that for around 3 years or so, but shit just gets old.

Understandable, as Cannibal Corpse have been essentially reproducing the same album every couple of years for the last 17 (since Vile).

DoomUK said:

Understandable, as Cannibal Corpse have been essentially reproducing the same album every couple of years for the last 17 (since Vile).

When was the last time you actually approved of something music related? :p

I never said Cannibal Corpse's last 283962112 albums were bad. But surely you can acknowledge that they're not exactly the most daring metal band in terms of how they sound, or what their lyrics are about.

Besides, you were the one who said you got bored of them. Neeeeh.

That wasn't cc-related question. It actually wasn't even question as I was just taking the piss. Somehow I'm not exactly surprised you haven't figured out.

Hmmm... I can't say I like the track at all - it sounds like a lot of the more poppy dubstep that seems to have really caught on in the US over the past few years, and which - from what I've heard - tends to be pretty darned unexciting, both in terms of structure and sound palette (it's very cheap-sounding, production wise).

But there's plenty of high-quality dubstep/post-dubstep stuff out there - well produced and structurally interesting (example) - although it's probably not the stuff that's being forced down anyone throats.

Of course, you might just dislike electronic dance music in general, but then that would be a real shame, as there so much tremendous stuff out there - you just have to avoid the crap.

You say Pink, I say Floyd :P

Fact is, there's a lot of diversity in electronica too - the intentional misspelling of "beetz" is evidence of one's ignorance in this field. The tired - nay, dead argument of "it all sounds the same" can be attributed to any genre, metal included. Lack of exposure to the deeper cuts out there (of whatever genre) will always cloud one's judgement.

I listen to a lot of electronic music, even house/trance, but I still have time for bands like Isis or Nile. Dubstep though, has fallen into the same trap that garage fell into a decade ago, whereby the industry has latched onto it and caned it to the point where no self-respecting fan of music can bear to listen to it.

Long story short, it's not the instrument, it's the guy behind it.

And, of course, there's always a middle ground ;)