Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Maes

Greek trucking association enraged at "gay trucker" ad

Boy: Thanks!
Trucker (with a macho voice): Where's our boy goin'?
Boy: To Torino!
Trucker: Niiiice....

trucker activates a secret "gay" mode in the truck's cabin, with red lights, pink decorations disco music and a disco ball

Trucker (now with a sissy voice): We will first take a little ride to Kavala....
Narrator: You wanna travel for cheap, but end up paying up dearly? Airfast tickets! Blah blah blah...

Apparently, Greek truckers felt offended by this ad. So much in fact, that 10 entire days after they threaten the authors with a lawsuit. Yeah right. Let alone that for some people, such a situation would be more like an added perk/bonus, rather than "paying up dearly" ;-)

The trucking profession is practically indispensable in the modern age.

It's rather "below the belt" to poke fun at the trucking profession like this. I think the common man respects a trucker's sense of direction and dedication to the route. Sexuality really shouldn't play a role here.

TheCupboard said:

Sexuality really shouldn't play a role here.

AFAIK, trucker sexuality is only second to inmates/sailors, as far as the potential for horniness goes. And, if anything, the stereotype is about them being all macho, virile tops, rather than camp gay bottoms ;-)

I bet that if the commercial showed the trucker as an unmistakingly toppin' hypermasculine, hirsute, virile leatherman or cowboy type , they would've probably let it pass. Even the Greek equivalent of a redneck or a "Homer Simpson" type would work well.

At first, I thought this ad was just a general positive publicity advertisement for gay truckers (trying to be humorous like a beer commercial or something) but at second glance I saw it was being promoted by a competitor industry. This video is really just poking at people's brains and making them fear sexual harassment/sodomy at the hands of a trucker.

If it would have been a woman being picked up by the trucker, they could insinuate the same thing; aren't you worried about losing your virtue at the hands of a lonesome heterosexual vagabond should your car break down at some point and you need to hitch a ride?

You'd think people would have bigger things to worry about than stuff like this.

They made a "Dracula" variation. Go figure.

Same as before, but the boy asks to go to Vienna, and the trucker asks him if he doesn't mind a detour to the Carpathians.

I thought getting trucker fucked was one of those secret dreams of women and men alike. They won't admit they want it, but if they're in that situation, they'll go all out.

That'd be a better advertisement anyways.

This video is NSFW and highlights the horniness of truckers in a 16 bit video game style.

This is the French view of American truckers, apparently.

Clonehunter said:

I thought getting trucker fucked was one of those secret dreams of women and men alike. They won't admit they want it, but if they're in that situation, they'll go all out.

Only that the way they portrayed the trucker actually led more to believe that the trucker's secret dream was to be fucked by random hitchhikers. As I said, they chose a way too effeminate/bottom stereotypical portrayal of gays. If instead it was pretty clear that it was the trucker that was toppin'....

Technician said:

Embrace homosexuality and Dracula, Greece; it pisses of the Ottomans.

So we should embrace Twilight?

Here's a spoof of this ad, with a "racist" trucker:

Blackface guy asks for a ride....usual dialogue.

-Where's our boy goin'?
-Bangladesh!
-Niiiice...

*Trucker reveals Golden Dawn banner, Golden Dawn anthem starts playing*

-...but first we will stop for a while in a nearby alley...BOOO! BOOO! BOOO!

Narrator: "You hoped for a free ride to Bangladesh? You're f*cked!"

Then again, I think that the trucker should be more than happy to ship an illegal back to Bangladesh, "even" if alive. Usually they pay to go in the other direction.