Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Rise of the Triad 2013 remake - exclusive gameplay teaser

The best gaming-related thing I've seen in this year. Maybe even better than Bioschock Infinite.

I've always liked RoTT primarily because of deathmatch, although the only person I was ever playing with was my father, and it was via serial cable... yeah, that times...

Katamori said:

The best gaming-related thing I've seen in this year. Maybe even better than Bioschock Infinite.

Yes, better, for me definitely. Although I haven't read, heard or seen anything related with Bioshock Infinite (I confess so), I can say this is better :)

I expected the gore to be a little bit more cartoon-y and over the top.

I think this will be a day one purchase for me. Provided I get a new computer.

Lizardcommando said:

Damn, this looks really awesome. I love the music too!

Going Down the Fastway sounded awesome. :)

Can't wait for it! I never played RotT though... heh.

i really need a new computer
i REALLY need a new computer
i REALLY REALLY REALLY need one

one of the few games to tempt me to pre-order, should that option be available.

Woolie Wool said:

I really want to see the single-player aspect.

BlackFish said:

Singleplayer preview would be nice.

Indeed. Slick-looking multiplayer is all very well, but what about the meat and potatoes of the game?

2fast4kids. Needs SP demo, though. And I need new machine to run this, too!

Also, comes to Good Old Games too. \o/

Boy, on one hand I really would like to play this. OTOH, every new computer has Windows 8, and that's just really sad.

Snakes said:

Boy, on one hand I really would like to play this. OTOH, every new computer has Windows 8, and that's just really sad.

Install XP on it.

OK, this is legit.

Edit: Just watched the little total biscuit video they linked in there, these guys have the right attitude. Have fun with development, don't treat your customers like shit, let them mod it if they want, and distribute it however people want to get it. A+

Probably because RotT is being developed by a well-organised team, who know what they're doing and know what they want to do.

...As opposed to the disorganised, intractable people behind Doom 4.

Well, I'm absolutely loving everything i'm seeing of this.
This remake may finally get rise of the triad the sort of credit it deserves. It never did quiiite as well as it should've.

Who knows, maybe it'll do so well it'll make iD rethink their strategy, too. [wishful thinking, I know, but, hey, I can dream.]

I just kind of wish one thing; back when the original ROTT was being made, Build was in full swing, but the ROTT team didn't know of it. I kind of wish they did; they could've had ROTT out sooner [months were spent just butchering the wolf3d engine to do what it did] and it would've stood much, much stronger against Doom, too. *sigh* If only.

the remake's looking great, though.

DoomUK said:

Indeed. Slick-looking multiplayer is all very well, but what about the meat and potatoes of the game?

It's the multiplayer that is the "meat and potatoes".

This and Wasteland 2 are the main reasons I'm getting a better laptop this year. Can't wait!

kristus said:

It's way too niche to make it all about the multiplayer, though I do hope they throw in some bots.

Captain Red said:

God dammit why does Rise of the Triad get this while the Doom gets this shit?

This particular quote "“Most of [Id’s] top talent has left or been fired,” said another unrelated source." jumped out at me. Noooo shit

I played one six minute round at last year's Quake Con, and I must say, it was extremely satisfying. It was easily as fast paced as Q3A and didn't get bogged down by dumb gimmicks or superfluous features. It's amazing how faithfully updated it is, even going so far as to include those ridiculous anti-gravity pads. Hopefully a remake of Raptor isn't far behind.

GoatLord: How is it that we haven't met up yet? This must be absolved this year.

But yeah, it looks like the younger developers are more than willing to abstain from "modernizing" for the sake of it, and experimenting with gameplay elements that a) worked in the past and b) need some more exploration today.

I'm rather looking forward to this.

kristus said:

Single player is why ROTT made it in the first place.

If there is no good single player mode, I will not be buying.

Also, that bloom looks atrocious.

Csonicgo said:

Single player is why ROTT made it in the first place.

If there is no good single player mode, I will not be buying.

Watching the production diaries shows they ARE working on SP