Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Larzuk

Changing the alternate hud in gzdoom

Like the title says, is it possible to change the alternate hud in gzdoom? I would really like to turn off the weapons that are shown on the right side of the screen but I can't seem to find an option for it. If possible, all I want to be able to see is the health, ammo, and keys.

There is no blanket option to hide weapons.

What you can do is use the ALTHUDCF lump to define a blank icon (TNT1A0 maybe?) for all weapons. Create a small file named althudcf.txt, write that code in it, and add it to your autoload.

But of course, the drawback is that this won't work with modded weapons.

You don't actually have to specify an invisible graphic. Empty quotes does the job.

e.g.
Pistol ""

Thanks for the help. I got it to work by following Enjay's post. The only issue I have right now is getting the icon for the bfg to go away. I currently have tried bfg "", BFG "", and Bfg "" but none of these have made it disappear. Any idea what I should be putting down for the bfg?

Blue Shadow said:

As a class, it's called BFG9000, not just BFG. So try that.

Not entirely sure why I didn't think about that but it worked. Thanks!

I do have another question since it doesn't work for modded weapons. Does it not work because the modded weapons are under a different named class? If not, does that mean it impossible to get this to work with modded weapons?

Larzuk said:

I do have another question since it doesn't work for modded weapons. Does it not work because the modded weapons are under a different named class? If not, does that mean it impossible to get this to work with modded weapons?

Modded weapons do have different names from default ones; all this means, though, is that you'll need to make a new "patch" for every mod you intend to use with it.

WildWeasel said:

Modded weapons do have different names from default ones; all this means, though, is that you'll need to make a new "patch" for every mod you intend to use with it.

It only takes a minute or two to type it out so that doesn't really bother me. How would I go about searching and finding what the classes are for modded weapons?

You can look at the mod's DECORATE lumps.

Alternatively, you can load the mod and type in the console "dumpclasses weapon" and you'll get a list of all weapons known by the engine. (This will include all the vanilla Doom, Heretic, Hexen, and Strife weapons in addition to the mod's weapons though.)