Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlondeBlueEyes

Monster Language

Technician said:

Cool fact: All the monster sounds are heavily distorted ethnic slurs made by the id team.

I don't ever recall Id being an ethnically-diverse company. It all makes sense now!

What's the next question going to be? "Does the Revenant wear pants?" or "Where is all the demon poo?" ?

Grazza said:

What's the next question going to be? "Does the Revenant wear pants?"

For the longest time, I thought the Barons did.

They're probably spouting off some generic stuff, such as "Kill him!" or "Die, human, die!".
But in demon-speak, of course, so that way it sounds cooler.
Then again, they could also be saying curse words, such as shit or fuck or damn. You get the idea.
But in demon-speak of course.
To be honest I never really thought about it :P

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I once heard that the Archvile's death scream is a little girl saying something sped up and reversed.

So for all we know, the demon noises upon 'waking up' could well be the sounds of people saying random things sped up and/or reversed.

Grazza said:

"Where is all the demon poo?"

They're constipated, which is why they can't stand still when spawned and might help explain their irritability.

IIRC, the mancubus's noises are all pig squeals that are slowed down. The Arch-Vile is a little girl's voice screaming "Why?", but really distorted.

The plural of "mancubus" is "flubalapo". It's an irregular plural.

Also, their attack shout is "Mangumaye", the name of a legendary Mancubus general, famous for having invented deep-fried grease.

This thread really is quite interesting, but I didn't think it was a suprise since the Icon Of Sin's sound was just a voice all reversed and stuff. Still it's cool to know what the sounds and all that come from

The explanatory notes for Perkristian's high definition sound effects are also worth reading, it appears the mancubus and octobrain (from Duke Nukem 3D) have a common ancestor.

Gez said:

Also, their attack shout is "Mangumaye", the name of a legendary Mancubus general, famous for having invented deep-fried grease.

I hear it was an accidental discovery, the result of spending several years trapped in a lava pit.

Hunter_568 said:

This thread really is quite interesting, but I didn't think it was a suprise since the Icon Of Sin's sound was just a voice all reversed and stuff. Still it's cool to know what the sounds and all that come from

Little do we know is that "To Win the Game, You must kill me John Romero" isn't even English. It's Turkish-Chinese-Albanian that sounds english for "Pump me with your rocket launcher and blow inside me"

What is the ground-speed velocity of a fully laden Doomguy?

Maes said:

And what is the speed increase if he's under the effects of the FORCED and PAINFUL Chocolate Shotgun?

Grazza said:

European or African?

What? I don't know the answer to that!

Maes said:

HINT - it's no slower than when he's burdened by nothing more than an empty handgun.

GreyGhost said:

HINT - it's no slower than when he's burdened by nothing more than an empty handgun.

That shows how outdated is doom compared to more realistic shooters where you can pull out knife to run faster :V

BlondeBlueEyes said:

Wtf does the mancubus say when he fires? Thanks!!!!

He's speaking Italian, it translates to "sausage".

Monsters don't speak any language. Just because they're bipedal doesn't mean they're human-like. The whole point of Doom is that you fight humanoids that for some reason can only growl and want to kill you. See how the former humans look every bit human, but sound like obvious monsters.

I think Printz would go to a Bar Mitvah just to tell everyone that he didn't think the chair thing was strictly necessary.

Captain Ventris said:

I think Printz would go to a Bar Mitvah just to tell everyone that he didn't think the chair thing was strictly necessary.

The thread topic was too stupid to respond in kind.

BlondeBlueEyes said:

Wtf does the mancubus say when he fires?

he's saying "i'm your mama". his actual name is Darth Fatlard and you're Luke Taggart. this is a post. here are some characters. dot dot dot.