Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

More art stuff. I'm open to critique if you've got it.

Hell Storm

Tailspun

As usual, my DeviantArt account name is ArchVile68. Thank you for your time!

Not bad.

Something about the skull and lighting bolt in the first one don't quite match everything else in the scene, though. It looks like they were crudely photoshopped in. Maybe such inconsistencies were intended, I don't know.

Interesting visions. Although still definitely within the realm of what I would call 'amateur' art (that's not a bad thing). Keep at it - you've got some definite chops, you just need to sharpen them some more.

In my opinion, your second piece is more impressive. The first one, although it's got some really nice shading and lighting, shows the brush strokes a little too clearly. Visible smudge marks are kind of the modern equivalent of the Photoshop Lens Flare: Sure, they looks nice, but anyone can do them.

If you don't have a DevianTart account, I highly recommend getting one. When I was dabbling at art and poetry, the feedback I got on there helped me considerably. Just remember to comment on other people's pieces if you want them to comment on yours!

Holy crap your good.

Is this stuff entirely digital, or are there some hand drawn aspects too?

I'm interested in your process.

Sorry for the extremely long response time. I wanted to wait until I was at a proper computer before making a post, as I feel this one may get rather long-winded. Typing it on a mobile or a PlayStation would just be murder.

First off, thank you for the comments! They were all greatly appreciated!

@ DoomUK : I guess it depends on what you mean by "crudely". I did start off with a city skyline photograph here and then drew the other effects over it, if that's what you mean.

@schwerpunk : I see what you mean by the brush strokes. I was hoping they would help create a sort of rotation look to make the storm look like it's spinning while creating the skull shape. Of course, I would be very interested in learning some techniques that would look better.

I do have a DeviantArt account, I'm not as active as I probably should be, but I do try to upload as often as I can.

@Godsdoomer : Thank you! All of my work is done through Photoshop, so I don't really do a lot of work with traditional pencil and paper.

I do use a Wacom tablet though to make things a little easier on myself when drawing free hand. Free hand artwork with a mouse can be rather messy. It's possible, but it's a pain.

If you have more questions I'd be happy to answer them, or at the very least, link you to a place that has answers.