Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

Whoo said:

An actual update on stuff

And that was all I really needed to hear.

Eris Falling said:

I'll be totally honest, I was getting all excited about the really close release date back in July when I registered here. I might nominate this for Mordeth, if there are no other contenders out this year.

Ive been following this from the beginning, and I still think its worth the time. Yeah, I have a lot of the maps from it in unfinished/unpolished form, but that doesnt dull the excitement I feel when I think of its release

Unfortunately life doesnt allow people to just power through maps and stuff, I myself have had a nasty pile of things recently stopping me from testing, so its probably best to take an inactive kind of intrest in projects like this.

Ragnor said:

so its probably best to take an inactive kind of intrest in projects like this.

Definitely this. I recall gouging my eyes out staring at the screenshots of this back in July. Bearing in mind that when I discovered Doomworld, I had only been playing the PC version for about a week and was used to the PSX. As such, I have fond memories of being 5 years old and playing maps such as Deepest Reaches.

Yeah, Ballistyx was more like Ballishits to me, but I wasn't going to let that stop me wanting more TNT. This is also powering my huge excitement about the Lost Levels. Moar PSX!
I hope to be able contribute a level (preferably Pharaoh) to that in a few months time, but you're right, the best thing to do with exciting things that take ages is just not think that about them, Doom related or not.

I'm hoping some of the TNT2 team will help out Lost Levels with some work on the TNT levels..once this is all complete of course, Lost Levels is in a similar stall.

And for when next he reads this thread, Kyka, whats the most recent version of the texture pack? I have version 64.

Ragnor said:

I'm hoping some of the TNT2 team will help out Lost Levels with some work on the TNT levels..once this is all complete of course, Lost Levels is in a similar stall.

And for when next he reads this thread, Kyka, whats the most recent version of the texture pack? I have version 64.

Ive been running with 67 for the past few weeks. Ill send it to you if you like. I dont THINK 28 uses anything that emerged since 64.

In regards to the timeline of the project, all I can really say is that there has always been progress and things happening. Sure, I freely admit that progress has been often been slower than perhaps many of us would like, but at no point over the last couple of years has this project stalled to the point where nothing is happening.

Little comfort for the people waiting for a final release on this project, but just know that progress is still happening and will continue to happen until it is done.

As for my two final maps, map 17 is almost complete except for final thing placement and difficulty settings, and map 21 is around 2/3 done.

Ragnor said:

Version 69 is the current and final version, necessary changes or errors aside.

I'll get this sent out this weekend. Though that said, pretty much anything above version 60 has mostly very minor changes, so you guys ain't missing all that much.

I'm still plagued with schoolwork, but I haven't heard from the authors of the unfinished maps. I'll try to get around to contacting them at the end of this week.

TheMionicDonut said:

Whats new in the world of TNT2 this week?

Not much new, unfortunately, but glad you are keeping us honest.

I am still fixing issues with map 17, and map 21 is around 3/4 done, which are my last two maps for this project.

Then testing, (Including your map Mionic, which I haven't done yet.)

That looks awesome.

I hope that central thingy rotates on its main axis. Because it really looks like it should. Because vanilla can totally handle rotating sectors. Because epicness.

How's this going? I just ran through the original tnt.wad recently and I cannot stress how amped I am for this.

Come on! Give us! I hope there'll be plenty of custom music as well. the TNT music is da bomb.

Hmm, I'm starting to think that Xaser tends to overuse circular arhitecture just a little bit maybe?

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Not much new, unfortunately, but glad you are keeping us honest.

I am still fixing issues with map 17, and map 21 is around 3/4 done, which are my last two maps for this project.

Then testing, (Including your map Mionic, which I haven't done yet.)

Which one are you talking about?

Ragnor said:

Looks insane for a vanilla level o_o

Is that even the whole map?!

Ragnor said:

Looks insane for a vanilla level o_o

You can easily make some really large and complex things in vanilla if you understand how to work within the limits.

Chosen map design fits current name well. I see some classic parts blended with little modern ones. If anything, some bits of Eternal Doom 3 comes to my mind. ;-)

MAP26 is now open!

After talking to Mek recently he told me that he couldn't come up with any ideas for continuing his map, so he decided to give the slot up. It's now open to anyone who wants it, and Mek may or may not be posting what he had finished. As a reminder: MAP26 falls in the third cluster of maps, so it should be challenging and the theme should be "hell-tech."
(Map taken by Tarnsman)

Additionally, we're now looking for MIDI Composers. See the first post for details.

I'll make a map, PM me the texture resource. I should be able to get it done in a couple of days.

Irony, Whoo. I was going to PM you asking about the music plans. My brother is getting into midi-making, but sadly, I doubt he'll really get the hang of it in time to be a possible helper.

Also, could you add me to the first post as a tester? I've been doing quite a bit of that for Kyka and Mionic Donut.

Awesome, thanks for replacing my lazy ass Tarnsman! If you want to take a look at the very little start of a map I have, just let me know. Otherwise, good luck!

Also sorry to everyone for not coming through. Like I told Whoo, lately I've been in a mapping black hole and I've had very little motivation or inspiration. If you guys need an extra tester, let me know and I'll be happy to do at least that much.

PM me it Mecha and I'll see what I can do to cannibalize it.

The title of the thread mentions that MIDI composers are needed - I don't know if I can write anything new in time with all I've got going on, but have a look through this pack of stuff by me and my friends/band: http://www.mediafire.com/?chi0x9pp7xa5rx6

If anything seems suitable, just let me know :)

@Mechadon. Dude, thanks heaps for your involvement in TNT2, and all good regarding your map. Even the little that was there was still pretty darn impressive, and good luck with whatever mapping you put your mind to.

@Tarnsman. Thanks for stepping up to make a map for this. I have PM'd you the latest version of the texture pack.

@Xaser. That map layout is a work of art. The fact that it is vanilla just makes it more impressive.

@Ragnor. Thanks for all your testing and stuff. It has been awesome. I have been progressing reallyslowly the last couple of months.

@Doomkid. thanks for the offer. I don't know how we are going to do music yet, but we will have a listen to it.

Map 17 has caused me more issues than any map ever, I think. Blockmap issues, Player in Special Sector issues, random crashes, balancing issues. But it will be done in the next few days. Testers, I haven't exactly been flooding you guys with work the last few months, but finished map 17, and several revisions of other maps coming soon.

Tarnsman said:

You can easily make some really large and complex things in vanilla if you understand how to work within the limits.

Just think AV MAP20 works in Vanilla a true testament to that statement.

Sending out new versions of 24 and 28 out.

Will be hammering some new stuff into 30 next!