Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
entryway

PrBoom-Plus, ver. 2.5.1.4

I don't imagine you explicitly went out of your way to support this sort of thing, but do you think it would be possible to make it so the status bar tile doesn't show up beyond the center monitor, or the ability to move the hud elements around when using other huds?

Hi, I wanted to make a music "randomizer" using voodoo dolls and MUSINFO: depending on player's actions at the start, voodoo doll activates different MUSINFO thing. But it looks like only the player can trigger them? Is there any way to bypass this limitation? Test map (-complevel 9).

Also it would be nice if it didn't wait for like a second before changing the music when you enter a sector with that thing.

Memfis said:

Also it would be nice if it didn't wait for like a second before changing the music when you enter a sector with that thing.

Too late for that! The specs were defined by Risen3D; and now it is a cross-port standard (outside of R3D and PrB+, Eternity and the ZDoom family also have it) so changing things on PrBoom+'s end would be introducing a bug.

I see, I guess the reason for this was to prevent situations where the player is "dancing" between two sectors with different MusicChangers so the music sounds funny?

Memfis said:

But it looks like only the player can trigger them?

That's Risen3d's behavior. I did not add anything from myself.

Memfis said:

I see, I guess the reason for this was to prevent situations where the player is "dancing" between two sectors with different MusicChangers so the music sounds funny?

I think so.

Memfis said:

blob: did you reset all the settings to default?
For the launcher try going to glboom-plus.cfg and setting "launcher_enable" to 1.

jesus christ, this happened again, all setting reset somehow.
I bet its a combination of keys im pressing after a demo and another
its very annoying. what may cause it? is there an hotkey combination for a reset?

I wonder about it too because something like that happened to me a few weeks ago. Not all settings reverted to defaults but a lot of them. Really weird.

Did you accidentally delete your cfg file? Or overwrite it when updating to a new version? I just overwrite the exe files with the new versions, and leave the cfgs intact.

Or maybe you accidentally used a different copy of the exe, in a location with a different cfg. Generally, it makes sense not to have many different unzipped copies lying around on the computer.

If you are somehow prone to obliterating a cfg that you have spent time getting to your liking, then I suggest backing them up (e.g. shove them in a zip) so you can restore them easily.

Hey! I tried to record a video using viddump, but I got:
- an .ogg sound file (normal),
- an .mp4 file with size of 714 bytes (every time). WTF?
MUX_STDOUT.TXT

mkvmerge v5.1.0 ('And so it goes') built on Nov 28 2011 23:58:28
'output.mp4': Using the demultiplexer for the format 'QuickTime/MP4'.
Error: The demultiplexer for the file 'output.mp4' failed to initialize:

The file could not be opened for reading, or there was not enough data to parse its headers.

VIDEO_STDERR.TXT
raw [info]: 1280x720p 0:0 @ 35/1 fps (cfr)
resize [warning]: converting from rgb24 to yuv420p
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX
x264 [info]: profile High, level 3.2

EDIT: Okay, I could fix that by my own hands, but after all I get just sound and video files, and there are no mux_stdout and mux_stderr files...
EDIT2: Fixed

Some wads replace STCFN graphics which are also shown on the alternative HUD. That might result in ugly stuff like this. (that's rw.wad aka "Real World") Perhaps separate graphics should be used for this HUD? Or would you say that this is the author's fault?

Any way to get rid of this during -timedemo?

I have a batch file like this:

prboom-plus.exe -timedemo xxx-000 -viddump xxx-000.mkv
prboom-plus.exe -timedemo xxx-001 -viddump xxx-001.mkv
prboom-plus.exe -timedemo xxx-002 -viddump xxx-002.mkv
prboom-plus.exe -timedemo xxx-003 -viddump xxx-003.mkv
prboom-plus.exe -timedemo xxx-004 -viddump xxx-004.mkv
This way I can record videos at high resolutions while I'm away and thus not record at the expense of potential playing time. In order for this to work though, this must not appear.

I could use "start prboom-plus.exe -timedemo xxx-001 -viddump xxx-001.mkv" but I'd rather be kind to my CPU.

Archy said:

Any way to get rid of this during -timedemo?

compiling prboom-plus with gcc should fix this issue

Memfis said:

Perhaps separate graphics should be used for this HUD?

prboom-plus wants to get rid of iwad and any other non-free graphics inside its resources.

Uncapped framerate with prboom-plus grants me only a constant 46fps. Do you need my cfg? (Win7-64bit, 8gb DDR2, Phenom II Black Edition 955)

K!r4 said:

Uncapped framerate with prboom-plus grants me only a constant 46fps. Do you need my cfg? (Win7-64bit, 8gb DDR2, Phenom II Black Edition 955)

I don't think any cfg settings could be a reason for such issue

entryway said:

compiling prboom-plus with gcc should fix this issue

Sorry for being stupid, but how would I do that?

(I do have cygwin).

EDIT: Just in case this is relevant, I'm using 2.5.1.4.test so I can use "mus_fluidsynth_gain" and I'm using glboom-plus.exe instead of prboom-plus.exe

Archy said:

(I do have cygwin).

This should work:

./configure CC=gcc && make && make install

Can you give me a step by step tutorial? I'm quite retarded when it comes to this area of computing.

Archy said:

lol I always had it at the end of a succesfull demo (and had a blackscreen with that window pop up to close- forcing me to ctrl alt canc and then close it manually). But since it was working, I didnt really care.

-----

now instead i can't use the timedemo anylonger, because it never finish. It always crashes instead in the middle of the work
Also, since this started, while the timedemo is running, the Music sound is active: is that normal? Im pretty sure it was silent in the beginning. No sounds, just the music. And when it crashes it loops the last second when it stopped working. The result is a unfinished output.mkv file from the start of the demo till it crashed ofc

Btw, I also wondered if its normal to have always the 2 files named "output" even trying to change it in the command line like this:

"C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Doom II\PrBoom 2.5.1.4\glboom-plus.exe" -timedemo example -viddump example.mkv

I assume I made a mistake did I?

K!r4 said:

I think I've found what makes it happen: the bigger the resolution is, the less fps I have in uncapped. 46fps being at 1920x1080.

I dunno if any of the Developers have looked into this but there seems to be an issue with the mouse where it will stop for like 3 seconds when you are trying to turn and then it does a full 360 for no reason this is in the opengl .exe, i dunno if its just me or what, hope someone could answer this for me as to why this is happening.

How do I enable multi-core SMP? Have render_smp 1 in my cfg but on startup I get "SMP_Init: Unable to init SMP if 'process_affinity_mask' is not a zero".

Put process_affinity_mask 0 in the cfg but get same error message and process_affinity_mask line gets deleted from cfg.

This is on Linux (Slackware64 14.0) and prboom-plus-2.5.1.3.

Tried latest prboom-plus-2.5.1.4 (revision 4303) but same results.

Oh yeah, any hack to use Timidity++ (like zdoom) instead of sdl_mixer's timidity? Can use Fluidsynth with soundfonts but crackles a lot when maps change (sometimes takes 7 seconds for crackling to stop). No issues with Timidity++ server and Dosbox using soundfonts; only with fluidsynth. An option to use midi ports would be nice too (eduke32 allows it with EDUKE32_MUSIC_CMD variable)!

I'm having problems getting PrBoom+ 2.5.1.3 to work on my laptop. The application just quits with a message saying it "failed to initialize properly."

I know someone else had a similar problem before, but I've tried all the solutions other users have mentioned, none of which worked. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm using Windows XP Service Pack 3, if this helps.

How do I transfer settings of older prb+ version to newer one?

No idea anyone? Google also doens´t seem to have an answert... :\